Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Copying certificate off a dolby

Author Topic: Copying certificate off a dolby
Lars Goldschlager
Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2015 05:03 PM      Profile for Lars Goldschlager   Email Lars Goldschlager   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings all.

Could someone please tell me the steps (menu options) needed to copy a certificate off a Dolby media server/media block?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-07-2015 05:21 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby will issue you the certificate upon request (register www.dolbycustomer.com)

I don't believe there is a means to manually extract the certificate from the server using any of the tools provided by Dolby.

Lars Goldschlager
Film Handler

- posted 11-07-2015 05:31 PM      Profile for Lars Goldschlager   Email Lars Goldschlager   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve.

I've requested the certificate by email (we don't have a Dolby customer account yet, I think). But since they asked for the KDM on a saturday, for a new room we didn't have registered, and Dolby will surely not email me the certificate today, I wondered if it was possible, as it is with doremi or christie.

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-07-2015 07:09 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not entirely positive but if you have a Barco projector, you might be able to get the certificate by going to Installation>advanced>certificate. One of the options is the IMB and you can save it as a .cer or .xml. I don't know if it will have the same or enough information as a proper Dolby certificate where they give you four files, including the .pem file that most seem to want.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-08-2015 05:15 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lars - is that a brandnew server/IMB? What type - CAT745?

Doremi has their certificates for Doremi products on their site, Dolby maintains an, err, 'semipublic' FTP server with their certificates, sorted by country/city, etc. The only issue is that they are slow to update this FTP. You may still want to try if you can locate your server there.

Interesting question where certificates for IMS2000 will show up - I assume on the Doremi ftp as well. From what I see there, I can't tell, I haven't seen an e-SN scheme for the IMS2000 yet.

- Carsten

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-08-2015 10:07 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may be very mistaken but I believe Brad mentioned a way to extract certificates from a Dolby server.
I personally don't know and I guess you may need the root password?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: