Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi Macro Cues Copying Options

Author Topic: Doremi Macro Cues Copying Options
Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2015 08:53 PM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Day Dear All

Kindly Help me
I am Purchasing A new Doremi DCP 2000 For Back Up Usage.
Any option To My Old Server Automation MACROS Cuesa Copying To New One in Esy Method ?
Iam Waiting for Your Valuable Replays
By ShibuPaul

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-03-2015 09:29 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Read the Doremi/Dolby Doku on the Backup Manager. You can not only backup and restore the Macros with it, but the whole system configuration. You can then restore the config from a USB stick onto your Backup server.

http://www.doremilabs.com/downloads/manuals/DCP-2000_Backup_Manager_User_Manual_002721_v1_1.pdf

A backup of your Macros (and a lot of other system files as well) is also contained in a detailed log that you can also write to a USB stick.

The backup manager does not copy content, you need to move the RAID between the two servers.

Make sure you have both machines on the same software level.

- Carsten

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2015 12:32 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do it like this:
I go to browser and type:
ftp://[ip of the sever]
Enter the User ID of admin and password.
Go to etc directory
Copy the macros.xml.
Then go to the new sever and past it on the same place.
pay attention that the macro editor is not runing.
Open it after the transfer and it appears.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-04-2015 10:04 PM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks For The Replay
I am Trying Copy Via USB In The MACROS .XML From Doremi etc directory
But Not Work In Copying Options
Kindly Advice The Method Of Copying
Regards
ShibuPaul

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-05-2015 07:48 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make a backup using backup manager to USB, or create a detailed report to a USB stick.

Both ways will store your Macros to the stick. The backup method is the better one if you want to prepare a backup server will all the necessary data.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-05-2015 09:06 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
control panel, backup manager, specify to save to USB

OR

Insert USB stick and close the ingest manager that pops up.
Go to system applications, terminal, log in as su, enter:

sh /doremi/sbin/migrate.sh backup /media/usb0

Exactly! - that's a zero, and the spaces are vital.

To restore you can put in the USB stick and use backup manager again or through the terminal as above, the command is now:

sh /doremi/sbin/migrate.sh restore /media/usb0/<filename>

Where <filename> is your backup file, it's named like "DCP2000_211149_2015-11-03T17-48-38.dbk" - you can just type DCP2000<tab> and the name should fill itself in.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2015 01:23 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear All

Thank You For Your Valuable Replays
My Request is Our Old One Server All Macro Cues Copy To New Other One Only

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-06-2015 11:35 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just use ftp and take out /doremi/etc/macros.xml from the "old" server and then ftp it into the new one (same folder). Connecting via ftp using the admin name and password allows you to access the /doremi folders. You get write permission... except with IMS servers.
You can log in as su and do this by copying to/from a USB stick but it's a LOT easier with ftp.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2016 11:39 PM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Sir
My One Doremi Server Not accept any transfering via Filezilla
Showing transfer unsucsessfull (and write protected check the images) to etc folder ,and also not editable macro files ,other all server working fine Kindly Advice me.
Regards ShibuPaul
 -

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-18-2016 07:59 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
assuming you can log in as su in the terminal window:

- insert a USB stick formatted FAT16 or FAT32 - not NTFS, not EXFAT. Close the ingest window that pops up.
Don't have any other USB storage plugged in (keyboard/mouse is OK)

Enter: (exactly - note the spaces, very important!) *** that's a zero in USB0 ***

mount -o rw,remount /media/usb0

cd /doremi/etc
cp macros.xml /media/usb0/macros.xml

That's it.

Check it's on the USB stick with:

ls /media/usb0

this will list the contents of the USB stick. Or you can just put it in your PC and check.

It's a good idea to unmount the USB stick before pulling it out:

umount /media/usb0

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: