Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Help:error securing connection between DSS200 and NC900-C? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Help:error securing connection between DSS200 and NC900-C?
Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 06:11 AM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi friends,
I have make up a system with one Dss200 and two NEC NC900-C.
Now,the Dss200 show the info"error securing connection between show store and projector".
I use a router to connect Dss200 and NEC NC900-C.
In Dss200,I use the default network setting(Dss200-192.1168.1.129,primary projector-192.168.1.133,secondary projector-192.168.1.137).And set two projector's ip to match Dss-200's setting.
Now I ping the two projector from the Dss200(Ctrl+alt+F1 to command line),the network is ok.
But the error issue still there.
Any advise how to solve the problem?Or hardware problem?

PS:the Dss200 is an used-one buy from other people.I don't know weather it can make proper securing connect to projector before.The NC900-C is new,and use NC-80DS01-B+ as input board.
Dss200 software version is 4.6.1,will update the software help?
Thanks for all

|  IP: Logged

Jose Angel Velasco
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 06:19 AM      Profile for Jose Angel Velasco   Author's Homepage   Email Jose Angel Velasco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible the problem can be the security configuration of the DSS200. The NC900C is a Series 2 projector, and the DSS200, by default, is configured for series 1 projectors.

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 06:26 AM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
t's possible the problem can be the security configuration of the DSS200. The NC900C is a Series 2 projector, and the DSS200, by default, is configured for series 1 projectors.
thanks,Jose.It is right set to series 2.I have try modify to series 1,same error.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-02-2015 07:31 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming this is a 862-based system as the 745 does not support dual projector (to my knowledge).

Being an old server, what is the encryption being used on the 862 (system/theatre devices/screen server/cat. 862). Does the system work with just one projector?

Upgrading from 4.6 would help anyway. Particularly if it's that 4.6 with flashes every time content is selected (4.6.1-0?).

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 09:32 AM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marco Giustini
I'm assuming this is a 862-based system as the 745 does not support dual projector (to my knowledge).

Being an old server, what is the encryption being used on the 862 (system/theatre devices/screen server/cat. 862). Does the system work with just one projector?

Upgrading from 4.6 would help anyway. Particularly if it's that 4.6 with flashes every time content is selected (4.6.1-0?).

yes Marco,it is cat.862.
Both projectors are on the network,still error.
I will try to upagrade it.
Thanks

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-02-2015 10:26 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember you need a KDM for it.

I am not suggesting that upgrading will sort that out, just that moving away from 4.6.x won't be a bad idea.

But the other questions still stand.

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 10:31 AM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marco Giustini
Remember you need a KDM for it.

I am not suggesting that upgrading will sort that out, just that moving away from 4.6.x won't be a bad idea.

But the other questions still stand.

thanks for you reminder.I will send email to Dolby
just have a try [Smile]

Mike Renlund
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 11:44 AM      Profile for Mike Renlund   Email Mike Renlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The CAT862 does support dual projector.

Things to check:

1. Do the projectors have Link Decryptors installed? If they do not, then the TLS connection will never succeed.

2. Using the Dolby Media Block Application, connect to the CAT862 and check the box in the lower right hand corner for "Dual Projector Mode". This has the added benefit of putting the server into TLS mode.

Mike Renlund
Dolby Laboratories

Ian Freer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 02:06 PM      Profile for Ian Freer   Email Ian Freer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Michael Qu
The NC900-C is new,and use NC-80DS01-B+ as input board.
The NC-80DS01 is officially a "SIB without Enigma" and as such does NOT have a link decryptor installed.

The NC-80LB01 is the "SIB with Enigma", so this is the correct board to install for use with Dolby Cat862.

NOTE: The DS01 and LB01 are physically the same as I understand, just one ships with the Enigma and the other ships without it, so it IS possible that the OP's DS01's do have enigma's installed if they have been added after it left the factory, but as he says they are brand new projectors, I anticipate he does not have Enigmas...).

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 04:08 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, check for security certificate on projector, i have two times happened with barco series 1 same thing, and problem was that TI board was without certificate, so TLS sesion could not be established. Check can you download certificate from projector, if no, that is problem. And there is tehnical info about getting back certificate in projector to get it work.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-02-2015 04:52 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Marin,

AFAIK that only works for Series 1 projectors though. A Series 2 should have no problems establishing a TLS link (assuming there's an enigma of course!)

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 06:52 PM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Renlund
The CAT862 does support dual projector.

Things to check:

1. Do the projectors have Link Decryptors installed? If they do not, then the TLS connection will never succeed.

2. Using the Dolby Media Block Application, connect to the CAT862 and check the box in the lower right hand corner for "Dual Projector Mode". This has the added benefit of putting the server into TLS mode.

Mike Renlund
Dolby Laboratories

Hi mike,could you send an copy of Dolby Media Block Application?I don't have it on site.

quote: Ian Freer
The NC-80DS01 is officially a "SIB without Enigma" and as such does NOT have a link decryptor installed.

The NC-80LB01 is the "SIB with Enigma", so this is the correct board to install for use with Dolby Cat862.

NOTE: The DS01 and LB01 are physically the same as I understand, just one ships with the Enigma and the other ships without it, so it IS possible that the OP's DS01's do have enigma's installed if they have been added after it left the factory, but as he says they are brand new projectors, I anticipate he does not have Enigmas...).

Yes,I have check the manual and it say the DS does not support TLS.
The NEC engineer told to "bypass the enigma",but he also not sure if it will work or not.

Now my work is to confirm is the Cat862 or NC900-C(80DS) course this problem.
thanks all

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-02-2015 07:16 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Bypass the enigma" allows you to use the projector for unencrypted content or from an SDI source other than a cinema server.
I think the DSS error is it trying to log in to the enigma to set up encryption, and that is not going to happen - whether you bypass it or not - if the enigma is not there.
I have seen this kind of error on a new installation with a Christie S2: they stopped sending them with an enigma installed unless you specified it... and we didn't know that.
Try single projector with one NEC at a time and see what you get.
Using DCCS to list installed versions, if you don't see any LD version on the NC-80DS01 unit it presumably doesn't have a LD. You can install one in the SIB though, so the model number doesn't guarantee that it is not there.
You will absolutely need the Enigma LD if you want to show encrypted cinema content.

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 08:10 PM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dave Macaulay
"Bypass the enigma" allows you to use the projector for unencrypted content or from an SDI source other than a cinema server.
I think the DSS error is it trying to log in to the enigma to set up encryption, and that is not going to happen - whether you bypass it or not - if the enigma is not there.
I have seen this kind of error on a new installation with a Christie S2: they stopped sending them with an enigma installed unless you specified it... and we didn't know that.
Try single projector with one NEC at a time and see what you get.
Using DCCS to list installed versions, if you don't see any LD version on the NC-80DS01 unit it presumably doesn't have a LD. You can install one in the SIB though, so the model number doesn't guarantee that it is not there.
You will absolutely need the Enigma LD if you want to show encrypted cinema content.

thansk dave.I have test and the "bypass enigma" didn't work.
As the Dss200 in TLS mode,without secruing connection,nothing can load by Dss200.even the unencrypted DCP
This is the first time I use NEC projector,could tell me where to check the LD version.I have the DCC software.
 -

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-02-2015 08:21 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael - for two projectors to work on a CAT862, BOTH projectors need an enigma board installed. As such, trying to bypass an Enigma board is useless, no matter if an Enigma board is installed in the projector or not. The NEC engineer obviously did not understand your problem.

Start DCC, connect to both projectors, choose display software versions, and read what it says mid-right. This is also a good time to check wether your Enigma firmware is up to date at 1.8, because earlier versions will cause problems.
If DCC only displays an Enigma software version for one of your NECs, you need to order another enigma board to retrofit the second.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: