Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Send command over the net DCP2000

Author Topic: Send command over the net DCP2000
Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2015 04:54 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I have theater with 16 hall in each I have DCP 2000.
I made a macro in each hall to do something in GPO 0-7 and it is working.
I want to send command over the net for the macro to the GPO 0-7.
How i send it?
Example:
I want to use terminal/sever to send to all my sever a macro command.
I managed to send all me Christie 2210/20/30 power on/off.

|  IP: Logged

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2015 10:31 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to use GPO on server (in case you have dolphin card) than you just configure under doremi macros what to do for each GPO port (on, off, pulse...). Same is for IMB, since GPO is on IMB which is part of server, take doremi maual, it is described in detail.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-01-2015 11:25 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The GPIO is pretty much the same with a Showvault, DCP-2000, or IMS - same commands but different numbers of available ins/outs.
You can send network commands to a Doremi server. This is obvious since a TMS has to.
The command structure and command list are not public. You can request them from Doremi, they want a decent reason for you having them and you will need to agree to a NDA.
Possibly if you ask them for the exact command to switch or pulse a GPO they will send you that. The full documentation expects a good understanding of TCP/IP communication. You will still need an application to send the command.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-01-2015 03:00 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are two documents dealing with this from Doremi, not under NDA (as the API is).

http://support.doremitechno.org/index.php/news/technical-bulletins/107-tb-82-sending-messages-from-one-doremi-cinema-server-to-another

'DCP-2000 Raw Ethernet Protocol Specification' which is document number D2K.TD.000247.DRM

There is also a part on this in

http://www.doremilabs.com/downloads/manuals/DCP-2000_and_DCP-2K4_Field_Installer_Manual_001659_v1_2.pdf

in section 7.5.6 - Detecting Incoming Messages from the Serial Port

Works the same over TCP/IP (choose device 'any').

- Carsten

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2015 12:20 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
Marin Zorica- As I said, I use the macro in my DCP and it work.
I want to control it from another server.
Carsten- I use this to "PLAY".The problem is that the server need to be in "push" and the trigger need to be in the playlist.
I want to send command to the server regardless the Status of the server.
Dave Macaulay-Unfortunately you are right, the command structure and command list are not public.
I thought maybe someone used it and can give my the command.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-03-2015 04:22 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are persistent triggers on a Doremi, e.g. like the firealarm trigger, which doesn't need a playlist to be active. Maybe you can try with this. Other than that, you may need to apply for the API documentation (or find someone with some knowledge around this). Doremitechno has a link and page for API requests. Don't know how picky they are.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-03-2015 04:36 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good call, Carsten! The firealarm macros would do it, I forgot about them. They can trigger from a raw TCP/IP message.
The name is somewhat dramatic, these are just triggered macros that work whether or not a playlist is loaded.

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 11-03-2015 05:48 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Dave,Carsten- Where do I find the The firealarm macros ?
I have all my macros and I don`t have them there.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-04-2015 05:39 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it much in Doremis documentation, a lot of references to firealarm cues are the old ones where they suggested to include them in the default_cues.xml (where they would still need a show to be loaded to work).

But it seems all you need to do is to put a trigger cue into a file 'firealarm_cues.xml' and place it into /doremi/etc

--- short notice on Doremis support portal ---
firealarm_cues.xml

Created on Friday, 18 January 2013 21:18
a dedicated fire alarm cue file was added in 2.2.x
---

Try it.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-04-2015 08:52 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it isn't well documented and I don't perfectly recall the process.
In /doremi/etc it is the file firealarm_cues.xml (may only be something like default_firealarm_cues... no server right here at the moment).
You can use macro editor to create the file but the process is a bit tedious:
- rename macros.xml to macros.xml.old
- open macro editor and create the "fire alarm" cues you want like "play" or whatever. If you want to edit an existing one, you have to rename it "macros.xml" first and it will be what opens in macro editor.
- Save and exit
- rename the (new that you just created/edited) macros.xml file as firealarm_cues.xml (check the name, I'm probably wrong).
- rename macros.xml.old to macros.xml to get the original macros back online.

It's easier to just pull out via ftp and edit the xml file in a program like notepad++ (excellent program, by the way) then ftp it back in. Editing xml files is a bit of a minefield though: it's extremely easy to misplace a bracket or something else that seems trivial - but is very non-trivial to the file's operation. There are many online XML verification programs that will tell you when you've messed up the syntax (but not if the actual commands make any sense: XML has roughly zero restriction on the content, that's what makes it so powerful).
Then you have to go to trigger cues and create the trigger. That's not something I've done freehand. Adding a jnior or gpi trigger is easy - just pick from a list. Adding a custom trigger... ???

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-04-2015 09:38 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'd set it up in Macro Editor, test it with a real show and incoming signal, then save and rename.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: