Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco DP2K-8S with HDMI issues

Author Topic: Barco DP2K-8S with HDMI issues
Pete Chisholm
Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2015 10:07 PM      Profile for Pete Chisholm   Email Pete Chisholm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a DP2K-8S installed in a multi use facility. Cinema works OK using the integrated Barco IMS, however HDMI input ability does not work reliably. Barco sent in a tech and replaced the IMS twice and even the backplane. NO FIX. My question is does anyone out these regularly use the HDMI input on one of these ? Barco engineering is supposed to be working on it but have not heard a peep to three requests for an update.

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-01-2015 01:08 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barco Alchemy or Doremi IMS?

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2015 10:28 AM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did install alchemy with 10sx, and HDMI works without problems, also there was no other issue from that sites. But, from what device you sending HMDI to barco? In A/V field i notticed differences in HDMI signal not working, specially where longer cables were used, some devices would work, some not.....probably has to do something with quality of HDMI output.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 11-01-2015 11:31 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have not had any HDMI problems with the ICMP. ALl installs so far have wanted to use the HDMI for alternative content so I have tested it. The displayport inputs have also had no issues.
Not relevant, but the ICMP specs say the displayport inputs use the DVI signal path, meaning to me that the DVI ports on a C or B projector will not be usable. I haven't had a chance to see if that's true.

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2015 02:48 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, did you get sound play via HDMI inputs on alchemy? I tried, but even sound is playing on laptop hdmi device, there is no sound or any setting that could enable it.....as far i got answer, they said it will be implemented in future!?

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-02-2015 05:58 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

I interpret that to mean the Display Ports usurp the DVI ports on the B and C projectors (they sever the connection so that the Display Ports may have a path.

Pete Chisholm
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2015 11:25 AM      Profile for Pete Chisholm   Email Pete Chisholm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have the Barco IMS. I continue to get poor response from Barco on this issue. Now they say I have to go into Commander and disable the scheduler before the Communicator can activate the HDMI port. This work around does work, but the extra step should not be necessary. When the HDMI port is active and working, the IMS does handle the audio, and spits it back out on the digital feed to the audio processor.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: