Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Problem with the zoom Sony Srx 515p

Author Topic: Problem with the zoom Sony Srx 515p
Ariel Vocal
Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2015 04:29 PM      Profile for Ariel Vocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello
This morning when I turn on my projector Sony SRX 515p I could see in the first screening, during the trailers that the image was too big, had a long zoom, the image is out of the edges of the screen, the trailer was Flat and format the lens was flat. when started the film, which has scope format, image size was normal.
After the movie, function formats tab Projector (2D), select the test pattern, Flat (Flat format) and indeed this is out of the screen, we reduced the zoom until the screen perfectly framed , when you load the Scope format and select the test scope, the image size was too small, I returned to configure the two formats as shown in the manual, but as long as I finish the Zoom is the same for both the zoom is not set independent of each format.
someone has happened something similar ??? Lens will be a problem because I still do not understand ?, step manual configuration but the zoom is the same for both formats, or too large for one and too small for the other.
Greetings!

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-28-2015 04:54 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you are on the latest software and - if you are allowed to do so - re-seat the lens.

You may need a new lens or a new SY board.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 10-28-2015 05:26 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ariel Vocal
select the test pattern
Which test pattern? Please tell us exactly what/where you load it.

The projector menu accessible from the main status screen has it's own option to save lens data if your logged in with the appropriate user. Maybe someone simply saved a wrong lens setting from there at some point.

Get format DCPs, e.g. the XDC test patterns from here:

http://www.freedcp.net/?page_id=67

Align the lens for both flat and scope format, save both, restart the system, then check wether both positions are back where they are. If you don't want to mess with the original settings for now, just create two new ones, the Sony has plenty of free presets for this.

I have not experienced the slightest lens drift on our 515 in two and a half years - either someone saved a wrong setting on your system, or your lens/lens control is defective, or a software glitch erased some format data.

What type of screen do you have - constant height, constant width, movable masking?

- Carsten

Sascha F. Roll
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2015 08:25 PM      Profile for Sascha F. Roll   Email Sascha F. Roll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a "Lens Initialization Patch" which enables / disables the Saving of different Zoom Settings for different Functions. Still all other properties of the specific Function (Color, Brightness, Masking, ...) will be remembered.
Is there any chance that someone messed around with that?

Had that problem once with a brand new unit which someone accidentally "upgraded" with this feature in the warehouse of the integrator...

There is a 18 pages PDF (for internal use only) which describes how to apply the patch.

Simon Meade
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2015 04:24 PM      Profile for Simon Meade   Author's Homepage   Email Simon Meade       Edit/Delete Post 
I had something similar with our Sony Srx 515. I started it up to find that the projected picture was now so small it only covered less than a quarter of the screen! I thought I was going to have to go in and redo all the zoom and focus settings. I decided to do a "reboot" first and restarted the whole system (we have the Sony Server XCT-S10) and, Voila, it worked! [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: