Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Orphan Content on DSS200

Author Topic: Orphan Content on DSS200
Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-27-2015 01:32 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this had been discussed but I can't find it.

Dolby DSS-200 (4.3.5.13)

I deleted a movie but it's still listed in content and on the build menu. Content shows it < 1GB. "Purge" under server tools did not get rid of it. It will let you add it to a show. I don't see anything related via FTP though I may just not be recognizing it. Is this going to go away on the next reboot? (I have not had time yet so I realize this post may be a little premature.)

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-27-2015 02:57 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reboot and good luck.
Why Dolby can't make the database more robust, escapes me.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-27-2015 03:37 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might the following work?

- In Show Manager, right-click on the DCP that refuses to die, select "Properties" and note the first few characters of the UUID

- Connect to the DSS200 using an FTP client

- Go to the "GeneratedPackages" folder

- Look for the folder with the same number as the UUID, then delete it

- Refresh the DCP listing in Show Manager, and see if that has nuked it. If not, reboot.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-27-2015 03:55 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do not believe you can delete (and I know you cannot add) to the generated packages folder (unless you have root level access).

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-27-2015 04:48 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is it so easy to corrupt a Dolby database? I like Dolby's but I have never seen anything like this on a Doremi. At least it would be nice to have an option to say "delete the database and rebuild it" (no, the unconfigure script does not qualify as it also removes GPIO's or serial - yes I know they are easy-ish to back up but I'd like an easy way to just rest the thing without having to worry about losing settings!)
Or maybe a script to check the database integrity. It cannot be so hard to achieve!

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-27-2015 05:48 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see it in FTP but was probably not looking in the right place. Reboot took care of it. It's been up for at least a couple of months so long overdue for the periodic reboot. If that's the worst thing that happens with the not-exactly-recommended 4.3.5.13 that's not so bad. (Appendages crossed.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: