Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Arts Alliance installed projectors - SuperUser password?

Author Topic: Arts Alliance installed projectors - SuperUser password?
Steve R Pike
Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2015 02:28 AM      Profile for Steve R Pike   Email Steve R Pike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I need to disable the subtitle engine on our doremi server as we are showing Sing a Long Frozen today. The weird thing is the DCP has burned in subtitles for the songs but the DCP file sent to us is also showing a Hard of Hearing set of subtitles (including when the songs are on) - so we have two sets of subtitles on screen for the songs!

I need to disable the subtitle engine from device manager however we do not have the admin password! We have an AAM installed machine but no one on their help line is answering. I may have read somewhere that you can't display passwords on here but I'm pretty desperate - Does anyone know of what the default password is for the admin account (SuperUser)?

Thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-17-2015 02:59 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may be able to find the password on the user manual but in the end it's a mastering issue, you should ask for another CPL, properly made.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 10-17-2015 04:32 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would assume that the password for AAM installed systems is still the Doremi default password? I am sure someone will send it to you privately.

The fact that your system is actually displaying closed caption in addition to burnt-in subtitles may be related to a recent Doremi software you are running (2.6.x).

In that case I assume you are actually not using the projector subtitle engine, but the Doremi subtitle engine. This one has an option 'Process closed caption data if no subtitle content is dedected'. You should uncheck this, as it may cause trouble with other titles as well.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: