Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Issue with IMS 1000 Doremi Server

Author Topic: Issue with IMS 1000 Doremi Server
Roberto Simancas
Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2015 03:25 PM      Profile for Roberto Simancas   Email Roberto Simancas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm attending a case of a movie theater, the problem is with an IMS1000 Server where I can't access to it through the chrome web browser. I type the IP of the server and it's impossible to access. (it's worth mentioning that yesterday everything was working just fine and i can access to another IMS1000 server with the same PC in the same network and i can also connect to all of Barco Projectors) I even tried to connect my PC directly to the server and use both ethernet ports of the server (eth0 and eth1) with no success.

I also tried with the default ip address of the server (192.168.100.50) and that didn't work.

Is there another way to connect my PC to the server without the ip address? What if the ip address was changed without my knowledge? How could i find that ip address?

Any advice would be very appreciate it. Thank you.

Regards

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-12-2015 04:07 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can reset the IP addresses either temporarily (until next boot) or permanently using a USB drive. The root folder and text file structure needed is in the IMS1000 manual. Note that the text file must have no extension - WIndows will add .txt to it so you need to "show extensions for known file types" and rename it without the extension.
You can pull a diags package with a USB stick as well.
Does the activity light on the drive flash? I've seen a few with eth0 dead suddenly. You can just set eth1 to the required address (set eth0 to something else too) and use it if that's happened.

Roberto Simancas
Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2015 05:23 PM      Profile for Roberto Simancas   Email Roberto Simancas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply. I did what the manual said and I had no luck, I tried generating a detailed report via usb and i got no report, I also tried to set the network configuration via usb and didn't work either. All led lights are properly on.

Could it be that the server is dead? What else can i try?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-12-2015 07:32 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had this happen to me during installation of the NEC version of the IMS where afer a few hours of on time the IMS would not completely come up after a reboot. NEC has a short script that revived their dead IMS server. You should check with Doremi to see if they have the same.

P.S., Even if you held a gun to my head I would never suggest to a customer to ever use one of these again!!

Mark

Roberto Simancas
Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2015 08:05 PM      Profile for Roberto Simancas   Email Roberto Simancas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I talked to doremi support (now dolby) and told them about the usb reports and usb network procedure, all they told me was to send them some information and they'll send me a replacement.

I don't know, i still think that's a difficult solution to what it seems a simple problem, mostly because the day before everything was fine.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-12-2015 10:07 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure the text files have no extensions? You describe exactly what happens if they do.
Do the ethernet port LEDs flash or light when a live jack is inserted?

Roberto Simancas
Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2015 05:40 PM      Profile for Roberto Simancas   Email Roberto Simancas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the files didn't have the extension and I used several usb drives but I couldn't get anything. All led lights of the ethernet ports are on and flashing. I've changed ethernet cables, I don't know what else could i try

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 10-13-2015 06:07 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, these things do die often, and Doremi/Dolby know about that, so why should they bother trying things with an unresponsive unit, delaying a solution further? Maybe you only think this issue is easy to fix.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-13-2015 06:19 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would probably try wireshark to see what the port is saying, but agree that replacement is the best answer. Even if I recovered it I wouldn't trust this one too far if it's done that once.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-13-2015 09:18 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you send me a message through F-T I can send you this script to try. You simply load it on a USB and boot up the system. It will return the IP address to default so you may have to reset those again is all. Works for me on this sort of issue... And you certainly have nothing to lose....

I used it on one server so far and that was almost 5 months ago now...

Mark

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 12-22-2016 10:28 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 435 days since the last post.

Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2016 10:28 AM      Profile for Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Email Juan Jose Garcia Calvo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark
Can you send me the script you offered to Roberto?
We are having some issues with our doremi server Ethernet ports, and this could be the last try.
I will send you my email adress through a private message.
Thanks!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: