Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie Solaria Release v4.3.1

Author Topic: Christie Solaria Release v4.3.1
Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2015 12:54 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
Christie release new software for:
• Christie CP2208 • Christie CP2230
• Christie CP2210 • Christie CP2230U
• Christie CP2215 • Christie CP4220
• Christie CP2220 • Christie CP4230
• Christie CP2220U • Christie Solaria One/Solaria One+

The change:
• Support for the Christie CP2208 projector.
• Support for Christie, Dolby, Doremi, and GDC Integrated Media Boards (IMBs) installed in the
Christie CP2208 projector.
• ICP Software Release Prod 4.3.
• The MCGD File Setup screen on the projector touch panel controller (TPC) now includes X and
Y axis fields.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2015 01:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does one go about getting set up to be able to download these software updates?

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 09-17-2015 03:53 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you'll have to be a Christie authorised and trained technician.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-17-2015 04:15 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christie upgrades are finicky. Particularly, unless it's a one level upgrade you need to install certain required versions in order to avoid serious problems. I had a 2020 that took 16 hours - with a lot of talking to Christie - to upgrade from a version below 1.0 ... nobody could explain how a unit with pre-production software got installed.
A tech with Christie training and experience should do sofware/firmware upgrading (same thing with other D-cinema projectors, really) and know how to recover if (when...) it all goes wrong.
To get upgrade packages you need a login ID for the Christie tech site - given out after you do their tech training - or you call Christie tech support and convince them you're capable of the job: they can send a temporary download link for what you need.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-17-2015 04:37 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another nasty trait of Christie updates...they are 1-way...if you get a version with a problem...you're stuck with it. This is the second release of 4.3. 4.3.0 was available for about 2-weeks and then pulled. Among other things, it could crash your TPC!

With Christie updates, there are certain plateaus that one one must step through on their way up so it is advisable to not get too far behind.

For most everyone with existing equipment, the only update really is for ICP 4.3...which is stable (Barco has had it for about half a year) but I don't recall anything super required about it. I don't doubt that it helps with CineCanvas.

Remember too...with Christie updates, sometimes a power cycle will be required and they don't mean use the TPC to put it in standby...they want the TPC and everything to power down.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2015 12:21 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They have a habit, at least on the European support site, of posting the release notes without a link to the actual firmware package [Roll Eyes]
I then end up contacting support to get the package vie FTP, DropBox or similar.

I've flagged it more than once, apparently the site is not maintained by Christie themselves so they've little control over it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: