Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Kinoton DCP30 - Lamp hours counter issue

Author Topic: Kinoton DCP30 - Lamp hours counter issue
Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2015 05:52 AM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

I have an issue on our Kinoton DCP30 which I dont know what to do with.

We have found out, that after we start the lamp, the relay connected to the lamp hours counter in the projector pedestal (There are 2 relays, its the right 230v one) starts sparkling and turning on/off from like 30 seconds. During that, we are having picture and sound drop outs.

I have tried to take out the relay, and found out it is related to the hours counter, without the relay the counter does not work.

Strange thing is that the counter starts running after the crackling in the relay is done.

I have also found out that it happenes only when the lamp is cooled down, its not happening when you turn off/turn on the lamp immideatly.

Note that we are using 150A 35mm rectifier, but I doubt it has anything to do with it.

You guys have any idea what to check?

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Avram
Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2015 11:31 AM      Profile for Adrian Avram   Email Adrian Avram   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michal,
The relay you are talking about (wich is actually a contactor - 230V operating coil) controls the lamp hour counter, the mirror fan and two of the lamphouse supply air - fans 2 and 3. Now this "relay" is actually turned 'on" through the 24V small relay (Rel.2 Part A in the schematic) contacts 21 and 24. You should check this part for any visible damage - bad contacts- (it's a DPDT relay), and also check if 24V is steady on it's coil during the "lamp On" signal.
Hope this helps.

Michal Matys
Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2015 09:41 AM      Profile for Michal Matys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Today I have checked what you said, and there is 24V on the coil all the time during lamp on, I have checked all the contacts and everything is correct.

It is still happening, I have found out that during the issue, when I measured the phase on contact 24 on the relay2 it was not constant 230V but it was jumping to 150 then 0 then 150 again and after a while there was 230V constantly and the fans and the lamp counter starterd running. When I have measured the phase used for the relays connected in the terminal before it goes to the relays, there were voltage dropouts during the lamp start as well.

It is strange that it is happening only if the system is cooled down, when you turn the lamp off and on it starts immideatly without issue.

I have swapped both the contactor and the relay with other kinoton and it did not help.

Also, and I don’t know it has anything to do with it I have measured 230V on the Rel2 contact 14, which is the signal cable going from rectifier, on the brown cable behind which is the second cable going from rectifier I have measured 120V. On the other projector with original kinoton rectifier there is only 24V on the contact 14 and nothing on the cable behind it.

Do you have any idea what to check next? Seems to me like there is some issue with one phase, but I have got 230V on every phase when I measure on input.

Please let me know if you will have any idea what to check next, thank you

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: