Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Change volume to a dolby processor from Sony projector (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Change volume to a dolby processor from Sony projector
Ariel Vocal
Film Handler

- posted 06-27-2015 08:37 PM      Profile for Ariel Vocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone!
Lately I have been bringing DCP's amateurs with varied levels of sound, especially advertising, also in Latin American Spanish version of the last movie of Dragon Ball Z that has very low sound level. I wonder if there is a way to modify the contents of a volume between presentation of a Sony SRX projector 515P processors to Dolby CP650 and 750 ... is possible to create some kind of cue in the automation server? how Doremi servers

Thank you very much for your help! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-28-2015 03:30 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sure, just ask your installer to properly install the 515!
The 515 supports 650 by serial, 750 by serial and by ethernet.

Ariel Vocal
Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2015 12:42 PM      Profile for Ariel Vocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, I ask the installers can control the volume of processors from the projector, but only helped me with changing channels using the serial port , which in fact is in the manual installation of the 515 , which I care about is making the management of volume from the projector , and that apparently can not help me , someone here will have idea how to do ?

thanks
quote: Marco Giustini was the last to post

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-28-2015 02:00 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you can control the inputs by serial, you must have the volume cues as well.

Probably what you have is GPO cues which are connected to the AUTOMATION connector.

If your installer is a Sony authorised installer, they must know how to set up a Dolby processor!

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-28-2015 04:23 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If if the server really connects to the CP650 or CP750 via serial (why not use the network?) you can adjust volume level. You will need to revise the serial control string library to add the necessary commands.
If they used GPIO control, not much you can do unless you get your processors on the management network or use serial control.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-28-2015 05:11 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sony installation manual has passages how to enable network/serial control für CP650 and CP750. It's actually a bidirectional protocol and if everything is set correctly, the Sony will display the available formats configured in the CP, and shows a list of preconfigurable volume/fader settings in the Cue-List.
Yes, some installers take short cuts and only configure format changes through GPO.

- Carsten

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-28-2015 05:17 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't call it a shortcut, it's easier and faster to use the Ethernet! [Smile]

Ariel Vocal
Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2015 11:20 PM      Profile for Ariel Vocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys!
In fact, the installer could not help much in this area, that is why I turn to the forum, currently managing automations via the GPIO ports is configured as shown in the image.

-

opt for the GPIO settings that involved not modify the .ini file of initiation. Now if I set the server communication with the processor via the Ethernet port, I should have to modify the file to register SMSMgrServer_Custom.ini processor type and form of communication, once this the Sony server should show me preconfigured control options channel and (what interests me) volume level control ??

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-29-2015 04:29 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Looks like your installer indeed took a short cut and configured only the bare essentials...

Obviously you know the super login credentials, so I suppose you should get the installation manual and complete the steps to enable rs232/network control for your CPs.

The format and volume cues will show up only if the communication with the audio CP is correctly configured and successful. You can still use the existing GPO cues if needed. GPIO control and RS232/network control is completely independent. Except for the CP IP address (if using network control), there is nothing to be configured in the GUI.

- Carsten

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2015 06:05 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made the same cuestion long time ago and tech support from sony doesnt seem to know how to do it.
I read on the manual that there is a sr232 port that will control the cp650 but i didnt try it yet.
if some one know the correct configuration or connection Ariel and I will apreciate.
Mike moreno
Mexico

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-02-2015 01:55 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sony tech support does know that.
You just need to modify the INI file and that is it.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-02-2015 03:27 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides the manual, there is also a TechNote, it is the same procedure for the LMT300.

- Carsten

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-02-2015 06:22 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to add that I am not mentioning how to do that on here because I feel it's not a basic procedure and a only qualified technician should do that. Sorry, I don't mean to keep it secret, I am just saying that it is an easy procedure for an installer and it is clearly explained as Carsten says.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-03-2015 11:38 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a matter of fact, CP750 control through Ethernet is a default config in SMSMgrServer.ini - all one needs to do is to plug in a network cable between Sony Control network and CP750 and input the CP750 IP address in the Sony Network config GUI. Only other supported CPs or connection methods need a change to the SMSMgr_custom.ini.
(and while it is clearly mentioned in both the installation manual and the Sony CP technote, I'll say: NEVER mess around with SMSMgrServer.ini, always use SMSMgrServer_custom.ini to change/override settings)

So, if there is a CP750 for one auditorium, connect and test it first, then advance from there.

- Carsten

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2015 04:26 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
following on this, i set up the IP from the cp750 in to the sony, now how i can create an audio cue to movfe the volume from the audio processor

miguel moreno
Mexico

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: