Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC NC1200 Security Log Warning 489

Author Topic: NEC NC1200 Security Log Warning 489
Philip Jones
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2015 04:32 AM      Profile for Philip Jones   Email Philip Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've had a 'Security Log Warning 489' come up on our projector this morning which I understand is a precursor to Error 487 (logs full) which stops us playing encrypted content.

I'm talking to our service people (dcinex), and all they are advising so far is power cycling the projector and server. Done all that multiple times to no avail.

Just wondered if anyone has a definitive way to clear the logs out in a case like this? We have a Dolby DSS200 server.

They are also saying we can keep showing with it in this state, but surely the projector might just stop when the logs fill completely? Any ideas how long we might have?

On screen in an hour!

|  IP: Logged

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2015 05:08 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See this thread:
Film-Tech

/M.E.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-25-2015 06:03 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did dcinex ask about the software version your NEC/Enigma is running on? In other words, are they aware of the Enigma software version running in this machine?

Which Dolby software version does the DSS200 run?

Basically, the issue is 'solved', use the forum search on 'Enigma', and make sure, your on latest software for both Server and projector.

- Carsten

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-25-2015 06:08 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have very little time left once the logs almost full error comes up. You can't run the ./getAllProjectorLogs.sh localhost command soon enough.

It will take an hour or so for the initial download and the last time I ran it...you definitely still had the longish download after the next 16 shows of approximately 512 logs.

Current Dolby software is 4.8.4.10 and I believe that version will allow one to initiate a download even if the Enigma goes completely full. I haven't experimented with that (and I don't want to!)...you want to deal with this in the "almost full" state.

You also want to make sure your NEC is on package 4.216. That will have the Enigma update to 1.8 as well as the grey-screen fix.

Philip Jones
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2015 06:25 AM      Profile for Philip Jones   Email Philip Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys.

We're on the following software, will the ./getAllProjectorLogs.sh command work with this?
Screen Server 4.8.2.24
Cat 862 4.8.1.2
Show Manager 4.8.3.34

Projector: 4.241
Engima: 1.7(23)

Should I speak to dcinex to get the admin password, and will any content/kdms be affected?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-25-2015 06:41 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should SCREAM at dcinex support ...

Update to Enigma 1.8! Quick.

No content or KDMs will be affected. Not with a bricked Enigma, not with the updates applied. However, as long as the update is not applied, you won't be able to show content.

- Carsten

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2015 06:45 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4.8.2 (24) has the script, it will work.
You can find the password in the documents for the DSS200.
/M.E.

Philip Jones
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2015 07:18 AM      Profile for Philip Jones   Email Philip Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Magnus. It is downloading the logs now. (all 7831 of them)

How much of a fix is this? Will it get us through the next few day/weeks/months? Just wondering on a timescale to get a tech in to do the updates to Enigma 1.8 etc.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-25-2015 07:32 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on the state of your enigma memory 'corruption'. If this was a 'regular' log full condition, you will be safe for a while. But the question then is why did this occur at all when you are running on that Dolby version?
The Enigma/NEC Software update is no big thing to do - can't they do it remotely?

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-25-2015 07:59 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Upgrading just the Enigma to 1.8.24 is no big deal, but updating the entire projector can be dangerous if you are on an old version. You must go through several version complete updates if it's not been kept current. The system can brick if you skip versions.

Philip Jones
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2015 07:59 AM      Profile for Philip Jones   Email Philip Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, it has downloaded all the logs and the red tail lights and error have gone!

Thanks so much for all the help. Will get the upgrade done ASAP.

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2015 08:01 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[beer]
/M.E.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-25-2015 10:55 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are likely on release package 4.209 (it could also be 4.211 based on the firmware version you listed). I don't see any reason you can go directly to 4.216. The Enigma will be updated as well as the firmware but not much else (the version list, of course but you get that with each update). 4.216 is a good version that we've been running for some time now...zero issues thus far.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-25-2015 03:56 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he's in 4.209 he can go directly to 4.216 with no issue at all. I've done it gobs of times and just recently. If he had a GDC server the logs wouldn't fill up.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: