Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » VNC wiewer

Author Topic: VNC wiewer
Hakan Bicer
Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2015 10:48 AM      Profile for Hakan Bicer   Email Hakan Bicer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi dear all ; I have 8 screen on my teather and I want to connect them with VNC

how kind of configuration do it ; for this

if some one help me about this network configuration
make me happy best regards .

my e mail is  -

[ 06-15-2015, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-15-2015 01:21 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's difficult to know without more details, but the impression I get is that this is if you have eight screens all running an independent server and projector with nothing but standalone LANs connecting them (if that), then a project to network and integrate them is going to involve more than deciding just what VNC client to use: it's going to need careful planning, evaluating the various options and price stickers attached to them - in short, you're going to need professional help.

Over the last year I've gradually been using the automation and remote control via LAN functions of the servers, projectors and audio processors in our three auditoria more and more. The main benefits have been to enable control from within the house (especially in determining what volume levels to use for an actual show when previewing a DCP beforehand, because I can actually hear what the audience will hear without having to run back and forth from the booth to make adjustments), and to achieve a slicker run of show by not having to remember to perform quickfire changes of format and preset manually.

The main addition to the networks needed was a wifi router, that enabled a laptop or tablet to hook up from within the auditorium. From there it's a question of configuring IP addresses, subnets and gateways to get everything talking to each other (I've used static IPs and disabled DHCP in all my networks, so that if, for example, I tell the DCP server that the projector's IP address is so-and-so, I know that this will never change, thereby breaking the connection).

That's essentially all there is to it for what I'm trying to do. However, that's not very much: I wasn't trying to automate the run of show totally, with the "projectionist" only needing to ingest content, create cued playlists and determine show start times. Our house light and screen masking systems are not capable of being remotely commanded (either by LAN or serial) anyway, and so I couldn't do that even if I wanted to (which I don't - we're an arthouse and pride ourselves in having a projectionist actually in the booth during each show) without spending serious extra money.

If that is what you're trying to achieve, you need a lot more than a VNC client (which in any case, comes built in to Windows and Ubuntu, and IMO they're just as good as any third party one), and I'd suggest that step one would be to ask a reputable installation contractor for a ballpark estimate, based on your needs.

Hakan Bicer
Film Handler

- posted 06-16-2015 12:45 PM      Profile for Hakan Bicer   Email Hakan Bicer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks MR Enticknap ;

I want to connect to hall as client .

we have 2 CAT6 cable for each hall

we have 2 Switch for control and concent but there is no teather configuration for concent all of them is default now

but I want to conncet to servers separately for just control playlist etc.
I dont want to content trasfer just now with VNC from local network.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-17-2015 06:24 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What model servers?
What do you mean by "all of them is default"- Dolby servers with default addressing schemes for their respective auditorium number?
You have 2 cables and 2 switches - local small switches or central large switches?
To have a central control point using VNC all servers need to be on one network. You get a central switch and connect all the servers to it, you can use a single "management" network with all cinema devices or a separate "media" network on the second server port, so the projectors and automations etc are not present. That's normal when content transfers are done via network, reducing the traffic on the critical management network by using the separate media network. Server VNC can be on either network but if you are on the management network you can log in to the projectors and sound processors as well.
Note that Dolby default addressing is rather tight and isolates the auditorium networks from each other, their theatre network is used to centrally control the servers with no access to the projectors etc.
I use the RealVNC VNC Viewer. It is simple, it works, and you can open a new VNC window from inside an active window.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: