Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC NC900C errors

Author Topic: NEC NC900C errors
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2015 12:04 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The theater isn't even open yet and they're having their first issue. Code 302 Self Test Error. Also Code 372 ICP Data Path - Blue error came up on same projector. We actually had the 372 error come up on 2 different projectors. The other projector was fine after rebooting. Any ideas?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-12-2015 02:49 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re-seat all the cards and connectors related to the T.I. stuff and try booting again. Beyond that open a problem tag for that projector with NEC Tech support. They do have a 1-800 number. I recently had one NC-900 projector that would boot with errors but if you let it sit long enough the errors would clear and it wold run normally. Took about 30 mimutes though. Reverting back to an older FW version and than back up again fixed it.

If you happen to have multiple NC-900's on site you could swap the ICP. You didn't mention server type so I donno if you have IMB type or if you are using legacy input.

Out of 30 some NC-900's I have installed I have only had three that have had any problems. I installed one earlier this week... projector was fine but IMS gave fits. Be sure you update them to the latest service pack (4.216). The one earlier this week had 4.215 in it and had the issue where the screen was gray hen a macro was selected. The last two or three updates also have pertinent lamp cooling and or ballast updates.

Mark

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2015 07:28 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark. I'll check all connections. I'm using the Doremi IMS in all units.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-13-2015 08:34 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, You cold also power down that IMS slot and see if the projectors boot normally. I would almost suspect those IMS before I'd suspect the projector.

Mark

Ian Freer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2015 12:39 AM      Profile for Ian Freer   Email Ian Freer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Slightly off topic, but I don't think the NEC Firmware updates has the Ballast update.
There IS a Ballast update (ver 207), but this needs to be done separately, it cannot be done via DCC.

Cheers,
Ian

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-15-2015 03:51 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it? I thought that that was automatically done by DCC.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-15-2015 06:22 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The DCC DOES update the ballast but there are TWO ballast hardware versions and the DCC will only put the right version on the particular hardware. If you look at the NEC version sheet, you'll see both listed.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-15-2015 10:11 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep... the ballast was redesigned about a year ago. Under certain lamp failure modes a blown lamp could also take out the ballast. Had it happen on one and they ran single lamp for two months until the new part was available. Its a 2.5 hour job to replace the lower ballast!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: