Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Solaria One Dumping Content (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Solaria One Dumping Content
Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 06-07-2015 09:35 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran two shows today without a problem. On our third show we got through the trailers and the screen went black and the automation went through to the end of show routine. I checked and the content had been dumped from the control screen.

I reloaded the playlist and set it to begin with the feature. The only control buttons that lit up were the Stop and Pause. It waited a few seconds and it went to the end of show commands after the feature content.

Tried a different playlist. Same thing.
Tried plain content. It would wait a few seconds and then unload content.

Rebooted.
Same problem.

Sent people home. Tried with different content (trailers, different feature). Same results.

There are NO warning lights or error messages. I have not looked at the logs yet.

I have closed down everything - projector, server and will boot them all up in the morning.

We may have had a similar problem a week ago when I wasn't at the theatre. The projectionist said it dropped the feature about halfway through and did the close down procedure. He reloaded the playlist and moved it to the point it closed and it started fine. No problem since then.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how to correct?

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2015 06:36 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Christie I.M.B. would be the most likely culprit.

We have had this happen at two of our locations, the result was getting the I.M.B. replaced.

If the theatre is on the Christie N.O.C., they can pull the logs and tell you what exactly the problem was.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 06-08-2015 07:52 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be pulling the logs this morning. This is a replacement IMB, which doesn't make me happy.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-08-2015 10:58 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...you'll be replacing that IMB somewhat regularly. We still have two new-in-the-box IMBs for sale too.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 06-08-2015 11:08 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're still under warranty for the time being.

This is rather pissmaking.

Peter Provorov
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2015 09:47 PM      Profile for Peter Provorov   Email Peter Provorov   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need change new IMB, I get same problem. only change IMB.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 06-08-2015 10:34 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, a new IMB is on the way. Our 4th in a year and a half (one arrived broken, but still...). Is Christie ever going to fix this problem, or is it a way to guarantee we single screeners sign up for extended warranties?

The distributor was nice enough to get us an .mp4 of the movie, but we couldn't download it in time. Maybe we just need to get Blu Ray or .mp4 backups with every movie so the show can go on.

Steve Guttag

- posted 06-09-2015 05:57 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is quite clear that the Christie IMB S2 has intrinsic problems with it. I hear there is an S3 in the works but I have no idea as to when it will be released and I'm sure it too will have its growing pains. They ALL do.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 06-09-2015 08:18 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's growing pains and then there are terminal diseases...

Steve Guttag

- posted 06-09-2015 08:59 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you telling me you didn't know about the IMB S2's woes before buying the Solaria 1/1+? The fact that one is tied to a particular server when deciding on that projector should have been reason alone to raise an eyebrow. There are other "cheap" projectors on the market.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 06-09-2015 09:24 AM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one customer who bought this projector despite my objections and has lived to regret it. Course he was on the Christie VPF. Of the six projectors we sold him, it's the only constant headache.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 06-09-2015 11:37 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I understand, that Christie IMS is part of Christies Duo and laser-projection systems - and as such, part of Dolby Cinema Systems. I'm wondering how these high-profile auditoriums can get away with such an unreliable central device?

- Carsten

Steve Guttag

- posted 06-09-2015 11:55 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...me too.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-09-2015 12:45 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I have yet to have a single SX-3000 fail or even go blip. Yea, that Chinese stuff really sucks! [Big Grin]

Mark

Steve Guttag

- posted 06-09-2015 01:14 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um...I can't make that claim. Definitely had the blip and its cousin, the 2000AR IMB definitely has had some issues too.

But nothing has proven to be as bad as the IMB S2.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: