Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Barco DP100 TI system status fail

Author Topic: Barco DP100 TI system status fail
Miguel Cruz
Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2015 11:47 AM      Profile for Miguel Cruz   Email Miguel Cruz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Barco DP100 projector displays on the touch panel the error of "TI system status fail" the first symptom present you at the beginning of the day, was reset from the touch panel and removed the error during the first presentation. At the start of the second presentation, it did not allow to select any macro and the touch panel turned to show the error. In this state the projector allows project but blue is lost and avoid the test pattern looks yellow.

Download the log. I sent it to Barco support ,they recommended I change the boards cinema interface board and the cinema processor board. Making change removed the TI System error status fail, when you turn on the lamp error showing was "lamp fan voltage low anode" but returning to restart 2 or 3 times the projector error of "TI system status fail" appear again, the cinema interface board has a reset button, as it is that it works?

What do you think that it could be the fault? Already as the boards that use were working in another DP100 without any problem.

Will someone have the projector DP100 cards in stock? Since we have two projectors and as known Barco left manufacture boards and we want to get a stock for our teams.

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 05-25-2015 12:18 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you run a software update when the boards were replaced? Not sure about the Barco Controller Board on a series 1 but the TI board will share some software with the formatters on the light engine. If the board is replaced is usually necessary to run the same software update (or a newer version) to make sure the whole system is running the same version.

I kind of remember something about the fans, I believe Barco changed the speed of those fans over time. I am not massively familiar with older machines, but your system may be running on mismatched sofware, check on the version status that you do not have any (*) by the software version - I would run the latest upgrade again anyway.

Miguel Cruz
Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2015 03:18 PM      Profile for Miguel Cruz   Email Miguel Cruz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Marco ,

Both projectors have the same software versión, but it could be that it needs upgrade although both are in the same versión , also I'm going to swap the Barco controller and see what happen.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-25-2015 08:52 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Officially, the DP100 is no longer supported. That said, it shares MANY boards with the DP3000 that IS still supported.

The DP100 power supplies (the LVPS...aka Fan Controller) and the Power Factor board are known to be a bit of a weak link and could be the cause of your problem if they are not supplying the proper voltages/current to the rest of the projector head. The TI boards are used by most every other series 1 projector in existence so they are likely to be in supply for some time. However, if you've changed them to get the same problem...it would seem that the cause of the problem is elsewhere.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 05-26-2015 04:38 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best guess: The problem is in the light engine itself. If you replaced all the boards and the thing still indicates a "TI system status fail", it will most likely be in the "TI part of the system" that hasn't been replaced yet. And what else is left on the TI side of things?

It would also somehow explain why you lost your blue all together.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: