Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Christie CP2210. On-screen image has intermittant red filter.

Author Topic: Christie CP2210. On-screen image has intermittant red filter.
Jordan Feduniak
Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2015 12:29 AM      Profile for Jordan Feduniak   Email Jordan Feduniak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, first post here.

I have a projector(Christie CP2210) at the theatre I manage that, every so often, will have a red filter(?) in front of the image that is on screen. What I mean by this is the image will still be fully visible, but will look as if someone has put a red filter in front of the bulb.

Sometimes the red will only cover a section of the screen, sometimes it covers the whole thing. Sometimes the red will cut in and out, sometimes it won't.

There doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why this red light is on the screen (2D, 3D, Flat, Scope, it happens regardless). Usually power-cycling the projector and server will resolve the issue, but sometimes I have to power-cycle 2-3 times.

I'm hoping someone on here will have some experience with this, as apparently our techs are unsure of what would cause this, which makes it hard for them to book the trip up to fix it.

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2015 12:41 AM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like an ICP problem. Do you get any alerts (red tail light) when it happens? If you know how to do marriage you can try reseating the ICP. Also reseat the light engine quick disconnect. If you are not sure how to do these call a tech. If this machine is under warranty it should only be done by someone certified by Christie. If you are on a monitoring program have that noc check the logs and see it it says anything. If no monitoring run interrogator enhanced while it is happening and call Christie tech support to arrange emailing them the logs for evaluation.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 04-18-2015 02:26 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When this is happening, can you bring up one of the built-in test patterns and see if the distortion still shows up in the test pattern?

A while back, I lost my blue when playing any content so the images looked like they were being played through a yellow filter. However, the blue was still present in the test patterns so that appeared to eliminate the light engine as the source of the problem. I replaced the ICP board and that was the fix.

Perhaps you have lost a colour in the same way; if so you probably need a new ICP board.

Jordan Feduniak
Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2015 02:42 AM      Profile for Jordan Feduniak   Email Jordan Feduniak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should have mentioned, Every so often when I restart the projector I do get an "ICP self test failed" warning.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to do much else than change the bulbs, our techs have to be the ones to do anything marriage related. I have sent our techs the interrogator files and they haven't found much. I'll be sending them some more though.

I'll try bringing up a test pattern in the morning and see what happens.

I'm curious Frank, was it obvious that it was blue that you lost? And did this happen every time you had content on screen? In my case, it has been an ongoing issue for a while that doesn't happen every single time I'm on screen.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-18-2015 04:44 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reseating the boards may help.

- Carsten

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-18-2015 10:26 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before reseating the boards (I agree this is usually the first step with such problems and often resolves them) make sure you understand the marriage procedure for the 2210. You can (reasonably) easily get at the carb locking frame latch and unplug/replug the boards - but there's no show until you do the marriage.

Jordan Feduniak
Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2015 10:36 PM      Profile for Jordan Feduniak   Email Jordan Feduniak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone.

Just to update, in case anyone in the future runs in to the same problem as I did, it was an issue with the ICP board.

I was able to have a new one sent up and installed it with the remote assistance of our tech.

Thanks everyone for their response!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: