Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Doremi WebGUI for DCP and ShowVault

Author Topic: Doremi WebGUI for DCP and ShowVault
Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-15-2015 10:01 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For instances where you can use a web browser but not VNC (maybe on tablets?) the latest Doremi WebGUI is installable on a Doremi external server - DCP-2000, DCP-2K4, or ShowVault.
It provides exactly the IMS GUI, with all its quirks.
"dcp2000_web_gui-1.1.17.pkg" is available from the Doremi ftp server in the IMS/Software/2.6x folder.
This is also for the IMS, although the filename doesn't specify that.

|  IP: Logged

Anders Nordentoft-Madsen
Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2015 03:07 AM      Profile for Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Author's Homepage   Email Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just tried this on a IMB/ShowVault. It does not seem to work. The Web interface is available but there is no content inside, it does not seem to be able to talk to the backend.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-16-2015 01:42 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't tried it with out of date software and firmware. It is showing content etc. with current versions on the unit I tested it with. I built a playlist then played it, from the webgui.

Annli Com
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2015 04:34 AM      Profile for Annli Com   Author's Homepage   Email Annli Com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Working Fine And New Experience

Thank You Dave Macaulay

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2015 09:30 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tried it this morning on a DCP2000SV + IMB. All up to date.

Didn't work [Frown]

No webpage available, do I need a port?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-17-2015 02:49 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one person report what you experience, while others have no trouble.
You probably have to ask Dolby about it.

Wow, that was my first successful attempt to avoid the old 'Doremi'.

Ah, shite...

- Carsten

Anders Nordentoft-Madsen
Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2015 04:40 AM      Profile for Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Author's Homepage   Email Anders Nordentoft-Madsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a stange thing, GUI is showing, am able to login but nothing inside the GUI.

http://screenpresso.com/=Ax5Gd

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2015 01:26 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got it working on 2 DCP2000 today, no issue.

Danial Simmonds
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2015 07:49 AM      Profile for Danial Simmonds   Author's Homepage   Email Danial Simmonds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was told it is a coming soon thing and not official, did you install the package on software 2.6.4 ?? i might give it a try soon.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2015 08:12 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What browser are those who are having success using and those who are not? I'm generally finding that IE is lagging behind in implementing standards while Chrome and Firefox do pretty well.

Harold

Tim Sherman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2015 10:17 AM      Profile for Tim Sherman   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Sherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Running fine on two Showvault IMBs and chrome browser.

Luke Granger-Brown
Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2015 07:36 AM      Profile for Luke Granger-Brown   Email Luke Granger-Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a note, I've noticed that with the ShowVault we've got here there's a tendency for using the WebGUI to cause /var/log/apache2 to fill up with lots of access logs (looks like logrotate isn't tuned for the WebGUI to be running)

When this happens, the whole thing bombs out after a while - it makes logging in over VNC/on the touchscreen and over the Web "work", but silently drops you back out to the login screen.

Not sure if they've changed this between 1.1.7 and 1.1.17.

This happens more often if you just leave a web browser or two sitting at the Overview pane on the Web UI.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: