Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » GDC-TMS V.4

Author Topic: GDC-TMS V.4
Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-24-2015 05:53 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our technician came in today to to an upgrade to our GDC-TMS software.

A decent jump from 3.4 up to 4

Very impressive, more easier to use and operate along with now using Tight VNC

-Monte

|  IP: Logged

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2015 09:29 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Monte,

It can use for server Christie IMB, Doremi ?
How can I request license demo ?

Thanks

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-25-2015 12:03 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just came and updated it? It's been out for like 6 months now. There are still a few "known quirks" in it too.

I thought you were the tech there Monte????

Nguyen Jack, It only works with GDC and Dolbly servers.

Mark

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-25-2015 05:25 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,

I'm just a "bottom feeder, keep-thing-going" sort of tech person-you know, that does bulb changes, clean filters, install new cards that die, and rectifiers.

Network stuff, we let the "hired tech" do all of that important stuff.

-Monte

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2015 07:10 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I am running the G.D.C. T.M.S.version 4 at two locations using Christie I.M.B.s on Solaria One projectors.

The only bug that is annoying is that when you ingest and send out encryption keys, the screens disconnect on the monitor screen.

Other than that, it works as well as at our locations with G.D.C. servers.

Grant Chambers
Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2015 11:15 PM      Profile for Grant Chambers   Email Grant Chambers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dennis, make sure your DNS servers are set the same on the NAS connected to the Christie as the computer hosting the TMS software.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2015 11:18 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On supported servers, 7 believe it supports the USL CMS-2200.

Harold

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2015 02:11 AM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2015 07:06 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grant,

That's interesting as none of the instructions have the DNS settings being used. So currently, the NAS device doesn't have a DNS set. I will experiment with it and see what the results are. Thanks for the info.

Dennis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: