Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » getting a dss-200 out of standby

Author Topic: getting a dss-200 out of standby
Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2015 07:32 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know where the start button is hidden? A couple of time I have had this dss-200 wake up in standby. Power supply lights are yellow, lan port lights lit. I have been able to wake it up by creating lan activity as it seems to be in a wake on lan state. A button to push would be nice. I have tried different power supplies no change.

Anyone know what number the motherboard battery is?

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-16-2015 08:05 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never experienced that on a DSS200, but perhaps someone else here has. Regardless the power button is right beside the front panel USB ports. Use a pen or paper clip to hit it.

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2015 08:45 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like Brad, I've never had to mess with the power button. And, in case it
wasn't clear from his reply, you've to to remove the front panel to see it.

"Actual Photo"
 -
-jc-

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-17-2015 03:38 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe there is an option in the BIOS to tell the MB to turn on the system when power is applied.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-17-2015 06:33 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To remove the front bezel, you slide the upper-red part of the bezel with the Dolby Logo to the left.

Gavin Lewarne
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2015 12:23 PM      Profile for Gavin Lewarne   Email Gavin Lewarne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never seen our DSS200 in anything like a standby mode. Are you sure someone hasn't been futzing around in the bios? there are some option in there that could cause such a thing (if its anything like the supermicro motherboard bios im familiar with that comes in the same chassis)

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2015 01:56 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are good there about not fooling around without asking. The first time it happened around a year plus or so ago was the result of a power failure. One that stumbled around before going out. It is plugged into an UPS. Second time was when I swapped the cat 862 media block. I have posted in another thread about the secure clock issue. The third time was yesterday and the UPS is indicating a battery problem. It is also possible that there is an issue with the server motherboard battery getting weak and the bios went back to defaults. Often that is to wake in the state it was last in. Power issues can scramble what state it thinks it was last in. Always on should be an option but not necessarily the default.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-17-2015 02:24 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stephan

If you pull the plugs off the server - when it's idle - wait 30s and then plug them again, what happens?

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2015 03:18 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was at the location with the cat 862 problem. I tried what you suggest and it just goes back into standby. When power is fist applied the fans move a bit and stop. The lights on the back of the power supplies are yellow instead of green. I also tried different power supplies from another screen that I knew were good. No change. In the standby state there was power to the motherboard network ports. The link leds were on. The network activity of powering up the projector woke it up. I am sure pushing the power button would as well.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 01-17-2015 05:09 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
then get into the BIOS and change the value of RESTORE ON AC POWER LOSS to POWER ON.

-

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: