Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » dts xd10p cinema audio processor Failure

Author Topic: dts xd10p cinema audio processor Failure
Adam Sherwood
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Adam Sherwood   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Sherwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.

I have just recently had a xd10p fail on me, for a while its been randomly swapping from ext2 to non syn during the film, every now and then all the sound channels ext 2 etc would start flashing and and all u would hear is a buzzing noice. the tech guys gave some help with what to try for a while , it looks as if one of the cards is failing. turning it off and on would fix it, then did a re boot of the unit and this helped stop the swapping of the chaneles then the whole unit started flassshing again last week it kept happening 3-4 before a show was due on no matter what i tried was unable to keep it from happening every 20 min. coudnt run shows like this was too busy with what films were in that screen , we were already in the middle of ordering a new unit. so we lost a screen for a few days, thankfully we were able to move some films to another screen. we have gotten a dolby cp750 insllalled yesterday.. its a lovely unit. im wondering does anyone now of anywhere that repairs the dts xd10p's units or is it even possible to get them repaired we have a few of these still, i know these units are not around much these days so im guessing no or any place to get new cards. it would be nice to have this as a back up unit.

|  IP: Logged

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2015 02:57 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
USL, Inc. built these units for DTS and can still help you out with them. www.uslinc.com

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: