Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » how to enable LTC(Timecode) output of DSS200

Author Topic: how to enable LTC(Timecode) output of DSS200
Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2014 11:48 AM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am setting up one 4D cinema with an DSS200 server.We always use the LTC output to sync the Film and 4D effects. All the server LTC output I used before this server all work well without any setting for LTC.But this time the server seem do not send the LTC signal.Does it need some setting to enable it?
FYI:I have measure the LTC output voltage,only 0.1V.Seemed it should be about 0.5V

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-22-2014 12:16 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What version software are you running on the DSS200? Also, have you contacted Dolby?

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2014 08:00 PM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
What version software are you running on the DSS200? Also, have you contacted Dolby?
Hi Steve,haven't contact Dolby as it was middle night here.I will contact them this morning. I will check the version.

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2014 10:31 PM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,the system version is 4.3.5.9
Dolby engineer are not sure about this but give the advise to update the system.

Michael Qu
Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2014 05:22 AM      Profile for Michael Qu   Email Michael Qu   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Already update server to 4.6.1.Still the same. [Confused]

Steve Guttag

- posted 12-23-2014 05:23 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LTC should be working since 4.3.5.7...additional frame rates were added in 4.7.0.42. I don't work with it but that is from the release notes. There is no mention of having to activate it.

I'd definitely consult with Dolby on this one.

David Buckley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2014 05:44 AM      Profile for David Buckley   Author's Homepage   Email David Buckley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If HDMI is the golden standard, why it hasn't replaced all the existing professional video standards on the planet?
If you ask video prefessionals, I think they'll tell you that HDMI is not a professional connection, and they hate it with a passion. Mostly, it must be admitted, because of HDCP, which is the bane of vidiots lives. And HDMI doesn't travel well, HDMI cables are short, and to get an HDMI signal over any sort of distance it needs to be electrically converted to something else.

quote:
Ethernet might be a bit of a special beast, but that doesn't automatically disqualify it. While most of those interconnection technologies allow you to use TDM channels between devices, Ethernet only supports packets as its lowest addressable transmission payload.
There are audio technologies (AES50, HyperMAC) that use the Ethernet MAC layer protocols but not the normal Layer 2 upwards withernet stuff. Thus the manufacturers and end users have access to all the (relatively) low cost ethernet compatible stuff like chipsets and wiring standards.

Steve Guttag

- posted 12-23-2014 11:08 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong glass...er Thread sir!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: