Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NC900C - presets for Flat and Scope

Author Topic: NC900C - presets for Flat and Scope
Marek Dudzik
Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2014 11:11 AM      Profile for Marek Dudzik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

My company owns NC900C with NP-9LS16ZM lens. Previously we were using it only with Flat screen, now I have to set it up with Scope screen. The thing is I am not sure how to do it.

Please correct me if I am wrong: I should create/modify Title using PCF and SCREEN files. What else? According to NC900C DC Communicator Installation manual, the projector does not support lens memory.

How can I force it to "zoom" automatically?

thanks in advance for all help!

best regards
Marek

|  IP: Logged

Gavin Lewarne
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2014 11:42 AM      Profile for Gavin Lewarne   Email Gavin Lewarne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the installers didn't setup all your screen files and at least show you how to do it?

(they really should have)

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2014 01:36 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "ZM" lens does have memory. You have to enable it with the DCC program. You should only have to modify the lens settings and save them. A file is already preloaded for scope.

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2014 02:55 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The early NC900C software did not support lens memory. Depending on what version software you have you may need to upgrade the lens system. This has to be done via a serial connection and not the normal upgrade through DCC program.

Marek Dudzik
Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2014 04:59 PM      Profile for Marek Dudzik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, thanks for confirmation about ZM lens.

Stephan, I'll find out what version we are using and if there is any newer - update it.

Thank you!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-14-2014 05:11 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First you have to enable the lens under installation.

Then you have to create the lens files under the lens tab and name them and save them. Name them like 2-D Flat and 2-D Scope in case you ever do install 3-D as that will require different lens file too. Be sure to switch the lens control to "Fine" as this way lens moves as long as you press buttons. Otherwise the default in coarse and it keeps moving until you press stop.

Then under title you should already have 2.39 file there so click on "advanced" button and select 2-D Scope file to apply it to that 2.39 title.

You may also want to create a Scope light level setting under lamp tab, name that scope and save it as well since scope is the dimmer of the two formats.

BTW: I also rename the macros 2-D Flat and 2-D Scope so the average Joe knows what format he is in. Most people don't know what DCDMXYX239 means!

Mark

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 12-14-2014 09:21 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you do have separate scope and flat light levels, you'll need separate scope and flat MCGD color calibrations on the NC900. Any change in the lamp level will have a significant change in color.

You'll see that when you try to measure the color, the DCC will want to turn both lamps on and set them to the DCI set point...it is up to you if those levels are appropriate (never are for me).

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 06-20-2019 02:36 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1648 days since the last post.

Paul Bleeker
Film Handler

- posted 06-20-2019 02:36 PM      Profile for Paul Bleeker   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Bleeker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where I can get a couple of NP-9LS27ZM lenses without buying them new? We have the NP-9LS27Z without memory. We have new screens that are scope and I need to have memory to zoom down to flat automatically.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-20-2019 02:45 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should call MIT and ask for Bevan wright. He might know of one or two, or he may have rentals for sale. A customer of mine recently bought his rental 900C and got his choice of lens with it.

Daniel Morez
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2019 02:14 PM      Profile for Daniel Morez   Email Daniel Morez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, check your email. I just sent you the contact of an industry friend that recently helped me find a hard to find model lens for the NC800.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: