Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Urgent help: Ingested content not showing up

Author Topic: Urgent help: Ingested content not showing up
Andreas Hjorth
Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2014 12:42 PM      Profile for Andreas Hjorth   Email Andreas Hjorth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

I have an early screening tomorrow and have tried ingesting the movie, which seems to go fine. But The content doesn't show up among the features, or anywhere. I've tried it twice. I can see the content in the file manager among the assets. It's a doremi dcp2000 we got here. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 11-28-2014 01:09 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure it's a "feature"? Maybe someone classified it as a trailer or something and it's showing up elsewhere on the list. Check the ContentKind tag in the xml file to see what it's classified as.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-28-2014 01:11 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some assets turn up under strange names, especially in europe. Sometimes there is a leading 'PKG' in the name. Another possibility is that it has been compiled with a wrong content designator and then is sorted away down in the cinelister content window. Are you sure you went through ALL the items listed in the cinelister content window? Did you check for errors during the ingest? Did you try to reingest the package?

- Carsten

Andreas Hjorth
Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2014 01:35 PM      Profile for Andreas Hjorth   Email Andreas Hjorth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I was a bit stressed before, and it seems as though it hasn't ingested at all. Had some numbers wrong in my head, so it's not among the assets. But when I connected the harddrive and it started to ingest I didn't get any error messages, and it seemed to go smoothly.

I had some initial problem with the harddrive the movie came on, an ext3 formated one that the doremi couldn't read. So i transfered the content to an ext2 formated disk that we use here. Maybe this could have caused something?

Edit:

So I tried ingesting it into our other server, also a doremi, and I got this error message.

-

Is there anything I can do?

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 11-28-2014 02:23 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mxf_get_asset() failed

Are you sure you copied all of the files off of the other hard drive?

Andreas Hjorth
Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2014 02:26 PM      Profile for Andreas Hjorth   Email Andreas Hjorth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. All the files are there, and the sizes are correct from what I can tell.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-28-2014 02:51 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The file that's highlighted is an "OCAP" file -- are you trying to ingest the OCAP version? (Open captioning) If so, maybe it won't work unless the base file is ingested first...?

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 11-28-2014 02:51 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me this looks like the files on the disk are corrupted, that's why the hashes do fail. Either this, or the DCP was defective to begin with. You should try to get a new disk from your distributor.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 11-28-2014 03:03 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The hash check has failed. Either the content is badly mastered or the content is corrupted. Nothing you can do, unfortunately.

Andreas Hjorth
Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2014 03:14 PM      Profile for Andreas Hjorth   Email Andreas Hjorth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can the doremi read ext3 disks? Doesn't seem to work here anyway.

So right now I'm trying to figure out who's to blame here. Me for copying the movie from an ext3 disk to an ext2 disk, and so creating the problem, or if the main file is corrupt. I'm talking to the people who are organizing the screening, and they want to know whos fault it is.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 11-28-2014 04:09 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any Doremi with recent firmware can mount ext3 partitions. But the simple fact the disk was formatted in ext3 points to some unprofessional handling. The universal standard for DCP delivery is ext2. Ext3 adds nothing of any value to a file system which is used for read-only/archival purposes.

But maybe you can tell us a bit what you used to copy the DCP from the distribution disk to your disk?

Andreas Hjorth
Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2014 04:17 PM      Profile for Andreas Hjorth   Email Andreas Hjorth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, ok. Should see if the firmware is updated then.

I use the rather shitty office laptop with Windows and use an ext2 file manager to mount the disks. This has never failed me before, but maybe I had it coming.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 11-28-2014 04:32 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you can do is:

- Download an MD5 checksum utility for Windows like this one
- Do an MD5 hash on both the files on the original and the disk you created.

Please note: Even on fast hardware, this will take quite some time to complete.

If the hashes for both set of files are identical, you can safely assume the DCPs on both disks are binary equivalent. If they are not, something did go wrong during the duplication process.

Andreas Hjorth
Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Andreas Hjorth   Email Andreas Hjorth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll try that when I get back to work tomorrow. Now I'm gonna have a drink and forget all about today.

Thanks for the help.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: