Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Programming cues NEC NC900 GDC SX-3000 server

Author Topic: Programming cues NEC NC900 GDC SX-3000 server
Paul Looker
Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2014 11:29 AM      Profile for Paul Looker   Email Paul Looker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me a step by step on programming a cue for our 3D flat and scope macros. My knowledge of the more advanced operations of this equipment is pretty limited. I got about 20 minutes of training from our installation guys. They would be more than happy to come out and do this for me but just getting a tech from strong through the front door runs us about $1000 and we don't really have that kind of money right now. The server is GDC SX-3000S2K-N2-P. Software 9.00 build 287. The projector is NEC NC900C-XXZM firmware 2.200-A. Any help would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-18-2014 01:32 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use NEC NC2000 with GDC SX-2001, but I'm assuming the procedure is basically the same.

1. From the SMS screen on the GDC, press the Configuration button and log in with the Maintenance Access.

2. Press the Automation Button.

3. Click the Devices tab and make sure your projector is set up. I'm going to assume this has already been done.

4. Go to the Action tab and Add (at the top) an Event Label (Scope, Flat, etc).

5. Add (from the bottom). Select Projector>Macro>Macro#. The macro number will correspond with the projector macro.

Macro 1 will usually be #1 on the front of the projector. There are actually many more macros available than the buttons on the front of the projector, by you are typically going to use 1-8 for your main formats. This aspect of set up is done in the projector with the DCC software (this is where you're going to set up screen files).

6. Press add (from the bottom) again to add more events to the event label. For example, if you have automatic masking, you would add a cue for your masking. It's good practice to add a Timer event between actions with 1/2 second (500ms) delay between commands. Longer if you're going to be sending multiple cues to the same device.

7. Save. You can press Execute to test if the macro works.

That's about it.

Just to clarify a bit, you have to use the DCC software to create the different formats on your projector. While there is a 2D Scope (2048) and 2D Flat (1998) by default, those will not fit your screen by default. You will need to set up the focus/shift/zoom for your lens/screen. You will also need to adjust lamp output, and correct color (if you have access to a color meter).

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 11-18-2014 09:44 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't hurt to update that SX-3000 to build 303 , which became available back in August.

Paul Looker
Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2014 10:07 PM      Profile for Paul Looker   Email Paul Looker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not quite the same Justin but it pointed me in the right direction. Success! Mission: Accomplished!

Monte. The only time I've gotten an update was from gdc support with a link to their servers. Had to enter a password and everything. They made a hassle of it and didn't want me to upgrade to 287 on a system that wasn't giving me the same troubles. How do you get an update if not from them? How do you even find out when they are available?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: