Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Qube ftp login / password

Author Topic: Qube ftp login / password
Francois Bouzigues
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2014 08:41 AM      Profile for Francois Bouzigues   Email Francois Bouzigues   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

I am trying to exchange content between a receiver and a qube server. I can only get it to work one way.
Qube <= receiver is ok. The qube can find and get the contents.
Receiver => qube is not ok. I cannot push the contents to the qube.

Can someone gives me the ftp log in and password please ?

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 10-24-2014 09:23 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My QDC experience is extremely limited, but you want to "push" content to your QDC server via FTP?

I'm not certain the system supports content being "pushed" to the server via FTP. You can ingest content from a remote FTP server though.

Francois Bouzigues
Film Handler

- posted 10-28-2014 11:01 AM      Profile for Francois Bouzigues   Email Francois Bouzigues   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. That is the best answer so far (and not only because it is the only one i got...)

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-28-2014 05:05 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TMS operation relies on FTP push. I assume Qube servers can work with a TMS?
This is a fairly typical type of question where possibly someone here might know, but you would best contact the manufacturer for the definitive answer - give Qube a call or email.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 10-28-2014 05:45 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, a TMS will typically tell the player to "Go here and get this", causing the player to initiate the FTP or NFS transfer and pull the content. YMMV.

Have you tried user "anonymous" with a blank password to log in to the Qube player?

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 10-29-2014 03:15 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Francois Bouzigues
Thanks. That is the best answer so far (and not only because it is the only one i got...)
Sorry I couldn't be more useful [Wink] . As I stated before, I don't know all too much about the Qube playout system. It runs on Windows and even if there's no FTP server currently running, you could easily enable one.

But I guess the problem is that, when you ingest content, a lot more than just putting the content on the server is actually happening. The server/IMB will check the ingested content for consistency and most likely will also add it to some form of local database.

If you upload it via FTP to the server, even if there would be a working FTP server on the box/card, the files will just sit there, nothing triggers the ingest process. Maybe you could, somehow, ingest content from a local drive, but then this would require double the amount of storage on the server/IMB for this feature and will give your storage an additional workout.

Francois Bouzigues
Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2014 09:23 AM      Profile for Francois Bouzigues   Email Francois Bouzigues   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pulling a content from the qube works. What i would like is pushing a content to a qube. I will inquire and contact with qube.

Thanks for the valuable help.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: