Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Sony SRX-R515 audio

Author Topic: Sony SRX-R515 audio
Alexander Alves
Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2014 01:55 AM      Profile for Alexander Alves   Email Alexander Alves   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone please list out the pin-outs of the balanced AES of this projector/IMB?
If it is the same as the NEC or the GDC or Christie etc, which have identical pin-outs, why cant the Doremi AUD-D2A decode the 4XAES?

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 09-20-2014 05:37 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doremi in their infinite wisdom have developed their own pinout. You'll have to make your own cable.

Alexander Alves
Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2014 09:12 AM      Profile for Alexander Alves   Email Alexander Alves   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will still require the pin-outs of the balanced 4XAES of the projector/ IMB to make my own cable.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-20-2014 07:24 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any hands-on experience with the Sony IMB, but I guess they're using the same pinout as Dolby does, as their LMT servers actually do so?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-20-2014 08:24 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alexander - I guess you will have downloaded the Sony 8*AES pinout now. When you compare it to the AUD2DA pinout, you will notice that essentially the Doremi uses those pins that Sony doesn't use and vice versa, so a 1:1 cable will not deliver a single channel properly. You need to wire a balanced 4*2 twisted pair cable from Sony 1-6/14-19 to Doremi 7-12/20-25 to transfer 8 audio channels.
Then use the Sony audio routing page to assign e.g. HI/VI or BSR/BSL to channels 7+8 if needed.

- Carsten

Alexander Alves
Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2014 10:50 PM      Profile for Alexander Alves   Email Alexander Alves   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys for all the support. [thumbsup]

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 09-21-2014 01:58 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alexander
Don't get me wrong but can't you get the installation manual from your dealer?
Marcel,
Sony are using the same pinout than Dolby. Doremi aren't.

Hakan Bicer
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2014 02:36 AM      Profile for Hakan Bicer   Email Hakan Bicer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sony srx series digital projector balanced audio out is same all projector

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-21-2014 03:20 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Marco Giustini
Sony are using the same pinout than Dolby. Doremi aren't.
The Doremi side, I know, but i didn't know for sure what the pinout on the Sony side was. It would make sense to keep it "standard" though.

There are pre-made cables for Dolby to Doremi pinouts available if you do not want to make one yourself.

Alexander Alves
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2014 05:19 AM      Profile for Alexander Alves   Email Alexander Alves   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've mad the cable from the projector to the D2A, here it goes .tell me where I am going wrong. 14 to 24, 2 to 12, 3 to 10, 16 to 23, 17 to 21, 5 to 9, 6 to 7 and 19 to 20. the left side being the Sony pin-outs and the right being the AUD-D2A pins, yet no audio from the analog unbalanced out.

George Germisashvili
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2014 07:06 AM      Profile for George Germisashvili   Email George Germisashvili   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! Hope attachments will Help!
 -
 -
 -
 -

Alexander Alves
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2014 07:23 AM      Profile for Alexander Alves   Email Alexander Alves   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thanks for the picture, I have already made a cable using the 1/2+ 1/2- 3/4+ 3/4- 5/6+ 5/6- and 7/8+ 7/8- to the respective pins of the AUD-D2A.
The 25 pin D-subs bodies are are connected. Is it necessary to connect the individual AES pair grounds on both sides for this to work?
The activity LED on the D2A does not come on and there is no audio.

George Germisashvili
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2014 08:25 AM      Profile for George Germisashvili   Email George Germisashvili   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"AES pair grounds on both sides" it is digital signal, so no need for this step if You use UTP twisted Lan cable cat5 cat5e...
The most important thing: Sound Processor -? model ?
DB25- check one more time the pin numbers on male and female side, it is written on both, no mistake? Did You check cable DB25 pin-to-pin by tester? Can upload Photos of the cable?

Alexander Alves
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2014 08:47 AM      Profile for Alexander Alves   Email Alexander Alves   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a Doremi AUD-D2A converter.
Basically want to interface it with a CP-650 without the Cat-790 card. Analog 6 channel.

George Germisashvili
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2014 09:12 AM      Profile for George Germisashvili   Email George Germisashvili   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And analog cable from Doremi to Cp650 is factory made?it is one-to-one pinout cable? Test the analog cable or make it yourself, as one-to-one cable will not work.
 -
 -

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: