Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » christie 2210 ( LD has no more log space ) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: christie 2210 ( LD has no more log space )
Hakan Bicer
Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2014 08:20 AM      Profile for Hakan Bicer   Email Hakan Bicer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have christie2210 and dolby dss200 server

my christie give us this security alert;

how can I solve this problem

thanks all

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-14-2014 08:29 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the system still run encrypted shows or have the LD logs completely filled up so it can't decrypt?
This is a too-well known issue with the TI Enigma link decryptor.
Someone with more Dolby server experience should know if there's a specific command to empty the LD logs as Doremi has, but running short shows (like one trailer) with about 10 minutes between shows may help. You should see "downloading security logs" or similar on the DSS monitor after a show.
The "cure" is to install the latest Christie software package which includes TI EnigmaPro v1.8 - this version is supposed to cure the "LD logs filling up" issue. Of course, several previous versions were supposed to do that as well but 1.8 seems to actually do it.
Using the latest DSS system software would be a good idea as well.

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2014 09:02 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You will need Dolby ver. 4.7.x.x or later to clear the logs.
No mouse clicking, you will have to run command promt as administrator.
/M.E.

Hakan Bicer
Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2014 09:18 AM      Profile for Hakan Bicer   Email Hakan Bicer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks margus I have 4.8.xx for dolby dss 200

when I promt te terminal as admin

which commets can I use for clean all projector logs ?

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2014 10:26 AM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exit show manager (ctrl+alt+F2)
type the password
type ls scripts
type ./getAllProjectorLogs.sh localhost
If the server tells you to take a long lunch you´re on the right way.
Press alt+F8 to go back to show manager. Go to Control tab to follow the progress. Note: the server will first be disconnected for a while Before the log clearing begins.

It will take some time [sleep]
/M.E.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-14-2014 11:25 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave...Christie has NOT released Enigma 1.8 yet!! They are still on their System 4.2.1 (2) which is on Enigma 1.7.23. So if the logs are FULL (not almost full), you'll need Enigma 1.8.24 and manually install it (and live with the version mismatch). I've asked several times now when Christie will issue an update with Enigma 1.8 but thus far they aren't responding to that request.

Note with Dolby 4.8.0 and earlier, after you run the ./getAllProjectorLogs.sh script, the server will then want to pull approximately 512 logs for the next 16 shows (taking just under 5-minutes each)...starting with 4.8.1, shouldn't do that anymore.

I have found that 4.8.1 (19) to be a rather stable version and worthy of upgrading to, if you are not already there. 4.8.0.33 was not as stable.

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2014 12:01 PM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Steve Guttag
starting with 4.8.1, shouldn't do that anymore.
But it does [Roll Eyes]
/M.E.

Steve Guttag

- posted 09-14-2014 03:00 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Notice, I said "shouldn't." I have not used it yet with 4.8.1.19. Just going by the release notes.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 09-15-2014 12:59 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. I thought Barco was the last to use v1.8 - wrong again!

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-15-2014 03:24 PM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Hakan. Any luck?
/M.E.

Hakan Bicer
Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2014 01:17 PM      Profile for Hakan Bicer   Email Hakan Bicer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Techinical service was come and change to LD board

they said us that ; dolby server not extract to projector logs

so that LD board is not have emty space [Frown]

when another time how can I delete all logs from dolby server ?

Magnus Eriksson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2014 01:59 PM      Profile for Magnus Eriksson   Email Magnus Eriksson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From my experience: if you run the script when the LD alerts 'almost full' you have a fair chance of saving it. If it´s full the server cannot connect (and is not able to extract logs)
So, 'almost full' is an important message.
-Help me now or I will be dead soon [uhoh]

A "dead" LD can be brought back to life by upgrading it to 1.8.24 as Steve mentioned above. I have performed some resuscitation attempts on Barcos, I succeded most of the times.
/M.E.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-16-2014 02:54 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Hakan Bicer
they said us that ; dolby server not extract to projector logs
It's not the server's fault. It's the fault of TI's link decryptor software. Once you do upgrade to v1.8 you will find this problem will vanish, but Christie oddly enough hasn't released it yet.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-16-2014 04:12 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hakan - was this board under warranty, or did you or your company pay for the replacement board?

- Carsten

Steve Guttag

- posted 09-17-2014 06:19 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note, you will see the Dolby server extracting the logs after every show. It isn't like it isn't trying. If your LD suddenly went to Logs Full...that is design defect in the LD itself...Enigma 1.8.24 will prevent the results of this and bring the LD back to life. 1.8.24 removes the requirement of contiguous memory positions. Thus, if one memory slot of the 8192 slots goes corrupt, it does not eventually cause the LD to brick...the server can merely move on to the next slot.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: