Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Solaria One on 3D Capability.

Author Topic: Solaria One on 3D Capability.
Chandradasa Weerasinghe
Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2014 12:24 PM      Profile for Chandradasa Weerasinghe   Email Chandradasa Weerasinghe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,
I have a small 35ft Screen and I am now force to change to digital. I was looking for a Solaria one that recommend for 35ft. My throw distance about 70ft.
What I want to know is if I go with solaria one, Can I able to project 3D ? if not what you will recommend for my need?

And also We do not have a dealers in Sri Lanka, So if any dealers here can give me a quote for a complete digital conversion. The transaction can do in house in USA or Canada. Sound system is fine because I have a CP750 installed.
Thank you all in advance.
Cheers.

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-11-2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All "bolt on" 3D solutions (RealD, XPand, MasterImage, etc.) will work just fine with the Solaria One. I'm not entirely sure if Dolby 3D is supported though.

I'm just wondering, but if you're looking for someone who can do the installation for you, wouldn't it be cheaper to look for some integrator in India instead of the U.S.?

Chandradasa Weerasinghe
Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2014 05:41 PM      Profile for Chandradasa Weerasinghe   Email Chandradasa Weerasinghe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Thanks for the reply. What I need to know is The Solaria one out put is enough for 3D for 35ft screen. Christie never mention about 3D capable screen size.
since I live in USA, its easier to buy from here or Canada. I can have a technician from India to install it. So I don't have to transfer money here and there.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 09-11-2014 06:39 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's because it depends on a lot of factors. Like the 3D system you plan to use, the lens you need and the screen you're using. Do you plan to replace the current screen with a silver screen, which would be required for polarizer-based 3D technologies?

If you go for an efficient system like RealD XL and a 2.1 kW bulb, it will probably look OK, but not amazingly bright. If you go for XPand Active, it will most probably end up being pretty dim and not enjoyable.

The Solaria One+ will give you better light output at a slightly higher price. Given the fact that you're operating on the limits of what the projector was designed for, it's probably the better choice.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 09-12-2014 04:39 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3D on a 35ft screen is bit on the edge for a solaria one. You would probably need one of those bad gain 2.4 screens even with a RealD XL or one of the similiar Volfoni or Depth-Q systems.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: