Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Automation Macro to Internet IP?

Author Topic: Automation Macro to Internet IP?
Dave Young
Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2014 09:58 PM      Profile for Dave Young   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking to some of the DoReMi folks about using an automation macro to send simple TCP commands out to specific internet-based IP addresses/ports that are setup via RAW devices. It's usually used for Ethernet based devices, but I can't see why it would matter as long as the IP address is accessible from the box. Has anyone ever tested something like this for external monitoring? I've only seen the DoReMi manuals, do GDC or Dolby do IP-based automation macros as well?

I've read the thread on Booth Internet Access and the thread Padja started about DCP server emulation which answered some questions already.

|  IP: Logged

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2014 11:32 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doremi and GDC can send user defined strings to user defined ports at user defined IP address.

Harold

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-10-2014 08:47 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dolby precludes the use of free Ethernet/IP communication, so you would need an external device as a translator.

- Carsten

Dave Young
Film Handler

- posted 08-11-2014 10:06 AM      Profile for Dave Young   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you gentlemen! As an external device, do you mean something like a JNIOR controller perhaps connected to a Raspberry PI?

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 08-11-2014 02:06 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Jnior will do translation - send tcp/ip messages from a serial message trigger - internally using the "Cinema Jnior" package. This application has a fairly steep learning curve but once you "get it" it's quite versatile. Rick at Integ will help you with understanding how to use it.

Dave Young
Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2014 06:15 AM      Profile for Dave Young   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, he sure did! He ran a test from his desk for me to verify it would work, I've ordered one to test and dev with. Fantastic and thorough customer service from IntegPG.

Thanks for the recommendation!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: