Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Sony Digital Cinema Server XCT-S10 Operation System fails .

Author Topic: Sony Digital Cinema Server XCT-S10 Operation System fails .
Miguel Cruz
Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2014 09:44 PM      Profile for Miguel Cruz   Email Miguel Cruz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone , what kind of Linux operation system has the Sony Digital Cinema Server XCT-S10 ? Because the boot system fails and apparently there is to reload the OS and I think it's out of warranty. It fails because it turned off during boot . .

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-08-2014 04:57 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you happen to have an ingest drive connected/inserted to the server? If so, unplug it, also disconnect network and UPS and touchscreen cable.

Does the screen say anything?

The S10 runs scientific Linux, but knowing that won't help you much.

- Carsten

Miguel Cruz
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2014 12:12 PM      Profile for Miguel Cruz   Email Miguel Cruz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Carsten

The hard drive was plugged , the operator turned it off during boot . I don't why , and the touch panel says this :

An error ocurred during the file system check

Dropping you to a shell ; the system will reboot

When you leave the shell

Warning -- SELinux is active

Disabling Security enforcement for system recovery

Run ' setenforce 1 ' to reenable

Give root password for Maintenance

( or type Control-D to continúe ) :

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-08-2014 01:59 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never had that, and shutting off during reboot usually shouldn't cause any harm to the SSD filesystem. To me it seems as if the server is in a recovery state and would only need to be set to a normal reboot. Something similliar to a Windows safe boot mode.

Do you have a USB Keyboard to connect to the Sony? I'd simply try 'Control-D'...

If that doesn't work, call Sony, even if the system is out of warranty. This type of incident is NOT covered in any installation/service/maintenance manuals I know of.

- Carsten

Miguel Cruz
Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2014 02:32 PM      Profile for Miguel Cruz   Email Miguel Cruz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank's Carsten

We're going to boot the server without network, UPS and panel cables , if we don't have success we going to call Sony . I'll let you know the end of this issue .

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-08-2014 03:58 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you google for some of the quoted display output, you will see that this is a common issue with various Linux distributions, so it is nothing Sony specific. Only that you will be out of luck without Sony support if you actually need the root password to fix the issue. Did you try switching off the server from this state and try a normal start again?

It may indeed be that the system SSD has an inconsistency and needs to be fixed before a normal boot can happen. Some Google findings suggest to do a manual fsck, but I guess you're stuck without the root password to proceed.

I'd try the Control-D from a USB Keyboard, if that fails, call Sony.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: