Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » FTP

Author Topic: FTP
Duc Nguyen
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2014 03:21 PM      Profile for Duc Nguyen   Email Duc Nguyen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,
I have 2 problems as below:
1. How I ingest full DCP from FTP (2 Dolby Server)? I just find out picture mxf, sound mxf and CPl file. But after complete copy, it's a missed DCP. I can see assetmap,Pkl and volindex, but Dolby don't need it, so what missing? (may be subtitle ?!?)
2. Could I ingest Dcp from Dolby to Doremi via ftp ? I have tried to do this while the movie playing, and when server scan storage from Dolby, the movie stop. I check content list of Doremi, it's empty. I have to reboot Doremi to keep sreening. [Frown]
Thanks a lot all for your support.

|  IP: Logged

Nerijus Marmokas
Film Handler

- posted 07-07-2014 09:15 AM      Profile for Nerijus Marmokas   Email Nerijus Marmokas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Try re-uploading the dcp to FTP. It could be, that it did not upload properly.
We usually use ftp for small DCP's like trailers, ads, or some small features.
Usually ftp works fine until the ftp site is really near, like ftp site in same location, same network. When trying to upload larger content to other city's Dolby server via FTP, if sometimes fail somewhere along the way.
When uploading larger content to greater distances, we use torrent clients, to upload content from far-away site to local sites computer, and then download it to dolby.

Reagrds,
Nerijus

Duc Nguyen
Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2014 08:20 AM      Profile for Duc Nguyen   Email Duc Nguyen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tks Nerijus, I did it in a theatre local network.
Has anyone ever tried to ingesting content from Dolby to Doremi server?? [Frown]

Ioannis Syrogiannis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2014 04:48 PM      Profile for Ioannis Syrogiannis   Email Ioannis Syrogiannis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Instead of getting the folder with the name of the DCP, try getting the subfolder from the folder with the name generatedPackages.
You can find the corresponding folder of the package you want both by the date of the folder and the uuid of the CPL of the package.
(Meaning, the folders within the folder "generatedPackages" take the name of the uuid of the CPL of the package.)

Those folders are complete, and you can ingest them to another server without problems.

I hope I was helpful.

P.S.
Excuse my edit. I wanted to say that (at least with a doremi server, you can do an integrity check of a package. This could be the way to ensure that everything has been transfered properly via FTP, since the CPL and the package list contain the hash check of the files.
So, if the files does not check up correctly, you get an error.
Could someone who is dolby cinema expert please confirm my guess that dolby servers can check the packages integrity?
[Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: