Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby trailers on DCP.

Author Topic: Dolby trailers on DCP.
James Waite
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2014 01:49 PM      Profile for James Waite   Author's Homepage   Email James Waite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know how to get a Dolby trailer? There's at least one fairly cool one the local multiplex plays. I've tried contacting Dolby but I don't seem to be important enough to bother replying.
I put in a CP750 when we installed the Digital. I'd like to show off the sound system to the customers. We are on a campus so sometimes have issues with people thinking we aren't a 'real' theatre. I'm in Canada btw which probably makes it harder.

|  IP: Logged

Jason McMillan
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2014 02:21 PM      Profile for Jason McMillan   Email Jason McMillan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.freedcp.net/?page_id=100

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-02-2014 07:12 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why Dolby has any contact-us information on their website. I've written several emails to them and/or filled out their online forms and have yet to ever receive as much as a "get lost" in response.

I have a feeling unless your email address contains something like "carmike" or "regal" or "amc" they just go right into the spam bin.

That site linked above is great however. A good resource (and even includes a link to Film-Tech!)

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 07-02-2014 11:40 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you using a Dolby DCP server? The trailer comes with it.

Remember that Dolby isn't only a "sound format" anymore, so they're not going to want you running one of their "digital cinema" trailers if all you have is one of their audio processors.

If you're using a different brand of server, then perhaps it would be best -- more accurate advertising -- if you used whatever trailer(s) might be available from that brand.

James Waite
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2014 02:53 AM      Profile for James Waite   Author's Homepage   Email James Waite   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The site listed seems to be exactly what I was looking for. My projector is actually offline since we are closed for renovations so I can't test them at this time.

I think the one labelled Sphere is the one I saw. I do want one for just the Dolby sound system, most people don't know or care what server we use.I like to stick to truth in advertising, love most of the THX trailers but can't play them since we aren't THX.

thanks for the info.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-04-2014 05:51 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get http://www.digitall.net.au/dcpplayerfree/ so you can view unencrypted DCPs on your windows machine.

- Carsten

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: