Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » How i get the serial number of the PIB? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: How i get the serial number of the PIB?
Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2014 04:42 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all.
I want to find the serial number of the PIB/LD/ICP without get the cards out from Christie.
In the status i get a serial number that not compatible with the card.
The TPC have win xp Operating system ,can we use it?

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-01-2014 10:35 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to Menu>Status>Serials

The ICP will come up with its MAC address. Note, the system must be powered up to get the ICP and IMB serial numbers.

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2014 02:43 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Thx.
Unfortunately it does not help me.
I need the serial number of the PIB/LD/ICP .
I have nothing to do with MAC address.

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-02-2014 05:59 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only the ICP comes up with a MAC address.

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2014 06:59 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.
The serial number of the PIB/LD/ICP is not display properly.
 -

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-03-2014 02:09 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are MAC addresses, as Steve said.

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2014 05:14 PM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Steve was right.
Is there a way for me to know the serial number .
I have nothing to do with MAC address.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 07-04-2014 06:45 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, let's try it this way: Why do you think you need another serial number that the MAC address these cards supply as their serial number? Who told you need some other numbering scheme, and for what?

- Carsten

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2014 03:36 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
In my organization we have a lot of equipment.
I want to keep records of all serial number of the PIB/LD/ICP, Because sometimes I change parts and send some parts to manufacturer and I want to know where to return the part.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-05-2014 05:48 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
then the MAC address is your serial number. MAC addresses are unique, there are not two on the world that are identical [Smile]

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2014 06:28 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are right.
If one does not turn on and I have only the serial number printed on the bord and the mac on my listings how do I know what is right?
I'm looking for a way to get the serial number without dismantling the machine.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 07-05-2014 07:59 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the MAC address should be printed on the board.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 07-05-2014 01:43 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You want the serial numbers without dismantling, so you can keep track of parts if and when they get removed and swapped or sent for service... how about just recording serial numbers from the parts you remove? For the ones that have never been removed it doesn't matter until they are, for whatever reason.
Or just bute the bullet and take them all out now to get the serial number. I believe the boards do have a sticker with the MAC address but I can't say for sure. Since that's the number you can get from the system it's the number you should use IMO, or have it and the "serial number" in your list.

Steve Guttag

- posted 07-05-2014 04:39 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dismantling? We are talking about a Christie series 2, right? I guarantee you that you have spent more time here trying to get information than it would have taken you to pop the top of the projector (using no tools unless it is a CP2210/15 in which you need a Phillips screw driver), release the secure door with the Medico key, release the latch for the face frame/card lock. Pop the board...it is on the order of 1-minute for the 2220 and better. Now you WILL need marriage privileges to get the unit going again.

Raz Tovy
Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2014 12:19 AM      Profile for Raz Tovy   Email Raz Tovy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have many Christie 2000/210/220/230, all over my country.
It makes no sense to go through one by one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: