Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Crossover network for JBL 4722n

Author Topic: Crossover network for JBL 4722n
Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2014 05:40 AM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I was wondering if anyone knew if the crossover network for the JBL 4722n is available to buy seperate? I have three 4722 cabs for my home cinema but am wanting to try to pick up the 4722hf horn and CD used eventually and slowly put together a trio of complete 4722Ns for my theater space. Im having trouble finding if you can buy the crossover network seperate and was curious?

Im using a 2380 horn and the CD im using for now is from a company called P-Audio and I have a stock 1,200 crossover board from some unkown comapny that was thrown in with the cabs when I bought them used. They sound great actually but im wanting to have a lower crossover point and want them to be full JBL Pro speakers. Thanks for the help

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-14-2014 02:48 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The answer is yes and no. You can't just order the network as a line item but you CAN order the parts that make it up. I don't know if all dealers have access to it but as a recone center, we definitely can and have. It isn't very pricey either.

Note, you say you have the 2380 horn...which implies a 2445/2446/2450 compression driver. These are not the 4722 HF components. While I love the compression driver, I'm not a fan of the 2380 horn...it has miserable pattern control below 1200Hz and isn't very flat around its designed crossover point of 500Hz. The actual HF package of the 4722 is much smoother and is based around a 1.5" throat design rather than the 2". The 4722 uses the 2432 driver.

The crossover network, as a part is 442144-001. This is for JUST the PCB (stuffed with parts and zip cord coming off of it for the HF and LF. If you had the original high pack, then there is a shield and grommet that you should add to it as well (mounts to the HF bracket. But there is nothing that would stop you from just screwing it to the cabinet...perhaps with some standoffs to not flex the board.

This network is purpose built for the 4722 so your response with a different HF system is not going to be as smooth as it is with the proper components...and, this particular network and speaker combination works very well given its price point.

So in short, your millage may vary.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2014 11:53 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the ifno Steve I really appreciate it.

Yes I was aware that it wasn't the original horn and CD for the 4722. Im definitly wanting to find the original horn and CD. Thanks for the info and the part numbers. The crossover Im using now is just on a board with zip ties that I screwed to the cabinet with standoffs exctly how you had disecribed so to not flex the board.

Hopefully I can find a dealer who can order the crossover board than I could find the proper models of CD and Horn used on the original 4722N possibly used. I am also considering just buying the 4722-HF horn and CD package new and also some new amps with the proper DSP and bi-amping them. Cost more money but in the long run Id prefer them to be bi-amped.

Thanks again Steve

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-17-2014 04:46 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a friend who was sent the N version by mistake and he just removed the crossovers. He's happy to sell them, I'm PM'ing you his email address.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2014 01:37 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh thank you so much! I appreciate it.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 06-18-2014 06:39 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anytime, but according to the forum, you haven't read the PM yet!

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2014 12:18 AM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had read it through the email on my phone I get when I get sent a PM! Not sure why it showed I hadn't read it.

Paolo Villa
Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2014 03:42 AM      Profile for Paolo Villa   Email Paolo Villa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!
Finally, the administrators have enabled my account!
I'm the one that has three crossower new for 4722. Three because I've wanted the 4722 biamplified, but for a mistake the supplier sent me the 4722N with the crossover. Immediately removed and kept aside.

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2014 12:15 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent to you Paolo.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: