Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Dolby DSS200 - sound out of sync issues

Author Topic: Dolby DSS200 - sound out of sync issues
Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-25-2014 02:58 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an interesting one to throw out there and see who can chime in on this occurring issue that's been popping up lately at my location:

I have an ATMOS house and we just opened up "X-MEN:DOFP" in this house. Projector is the BARCO 4K-32B unit.

We had a Thursday night screening of two performances of this feature. No problems with either showings.

Friday: first screening. Major sound sync issues flairs up - Picture way ahead of the voice and it had started in the trailer pak. The problem was into the feature when we were notified of this issue. I wasn't at the location when this all took place, but did arrive shortly to begin the possible corrections.

Stopped the show and did reboots on the server, the Dolby CP850, Jnior Automation and network switch, which all of these units are receiving power from the UPS, where all I have to do it turn off the UPS wait a few seconds and turn it back on for all of the above units to come back on to full operation. I even rebooted the 32B. This reboot rids of the problem and all is good for the rest of the day.

Saturday: First performance-once again, I get the same sound sync issues and do the reboot procedure all over again to rid of the issue.

Now, I do have another ATMOS house with the same above setup playing the same content that was ingested from the same HD and this house is performing normally with no problems.

Anyone ever heard of this? I did talk to my tech on this issue and he did recommend the reboot, where I told him I already did.

He did log into the CP850 and couldn't find any issues with the processor - like time delay issues.

Something to share to see who can offer something with this - like suggestions, tests, observations, et.al.

thx - Monte

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-25-2014 03:17 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Upgrade to 4.7 on the server. There is a bug in 4.5 and 4.6 that can cause an out of sync issue randomly. It's rare, but happens.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: