Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Schematic for Lamp Ballast needed

Author Topic: Schematic for Lamp Ballast needed
Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-20-2014 02:34 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a schematic for the Rubycon RPB9523A lamp powersupply
They are used in the NEC 1200C I have had to replace two and would like to repair the two dead ones

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-20-2014 02:58 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the SCR's and switching transistors. They shouldn't be that hard to fix. I repaired well over a hundred Strong switchers over the last ten years with out any schematics. Except for the time it took to remove and replace the gazillion screws holding them together they were very easy to fix.

The boys down under are fixing the NEC switchers without drawings. By the way, apparently there is an early version and a later version power supply. If these are the Ebay projectors then they are probably the earlier ones. I am still waiting for one to fail. BUt all the buildings I have done installations in have both surge protection on the booth panel and UPS's.

You might want to consider placing surge protectors on your booth panels. That will afford you better life on all high power switching supplies. They do not like big, high voltage spikes at all. One surge protector costs less then repairing one switching xenon supply! Over the past 20 years I actually kept a log on buildings that did not, and that did have surge protection.

Buildings that had it NEVER lost even a Strong switcher.

Buildings with out them lost on average of several a year, some times even more.

I have had several theaters get hit by lightening over the last 5 years and all of the equipment survived because the surge protectors took the hit.

Mark

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 04-20-2014 03:34 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We installed TVSS on every panel when we first installed digital sound
The fault is in the control section in the RS232 control not the power stage

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-21-2014 11:46 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not much you can do except keep em for spare parts. What does or doesn't it do? Can't you just rebuild that board?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: