Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Issue with 3 houses

Author Topic: Issue with 3 houses
Raffaele Squizzato
Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2014 08:41 PM      Profile for Raffaele Squizzato   Email Raffaele Squizzato   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take care of a few theatres in Canada and at one theatre with 16 houses I have a weird issue.

3 houses have series one Christie projectors and the other 13 have series two Christie projectors, all but one Doremi DCP2K4 servers one server is a Doremi showvault. The thing is when all are connected to the network the 3 series ones decide they are going down and go to a lack screen and the servers have to be power cycled.

We replaced the network switches and still same issue.

Does anyone know what would be causing this?

|  IP: Logged

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-17-2014 05:42 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you elaborate a bit?

What I get:

- 3 houses on Christie Series 1 projectors with DCP2K4 servers.
- 12 houses on Christie Series 2 projectors with DCP2K4 servers.
- 1 house (probably the big one?) on Christie Series 2 projector with ShowVault.

So, what happens and when exactly?

If you hook up the three houses with the Series 1 and DCP2K4 to the network with the other 13 houses, then the DCP2K4 servers are going down?

And what is this "going down"? Are they performing a shutdown or are they just hanging? And what's on the screen when this is happening? Did you have a look at the logs of the affected servers? And are those switches manageable? What about the logs on the switches?

And I'm also curious, what happens after the power cycle of such a server? Will it "go down" again until having been disconnected?

Tim Sherman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2014 05:12 PM      Profile for Tim Sherman   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Sherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could this be a issue from an TMS? What TMS are you running?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: