Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Ingest problems with Cinedigm TCC

Author Topic: Ingest problems with Cinedigm TCC
Carl Hetherington
Film Handler

- posted 04-01-2014 03:27 PM      Profile for Carl Hetherington   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Hetherington   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I have a DCP-o-matic user who is having problems ingesting content onto a Cinedigm TCC. The problem is that the "monitor LMS" does not even seem to recognise the USB key that the DCP is on.

It appears to be related to the key. He has one "magic" USB key from which things will ingest fine. All of his keys are (as far as I can tell) formatted using NTFS. In particular there seems to be a 32Gb key that works and a 16Gb key that does not. The partition tables look the same (allowing for the different sizes).

All of the keys ingest content fine onto a Doremi server.

His service company has no suggestions.

Any clues?
Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-01-2014 04:24 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The next thing to look at is from the Windows side...is the drive recognized by the server (not the TCC).

Is the content on the root level? The TCC will not necessarily look down into folders.

Format the thumb drive on the TCC to ensure it is formatted as it wants.

There are a lot of variables there. Note too, presuming that this place has NOC support, they should contact Cinedigm if the things above do not resolve the issue.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 04-01-2014 04:44 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something else to check is that they are adding an audio file to the DCP. If these are just advertiser slides, they may not be thinking about audio if the content is not supposed to have audio. What I've done to get around this is just create an MP3 of silence in the necessary length to add when creating the DCP. For whatever reason, the TCC doesn't want to ingest DCPs that don't have an audio file.

Carl Hetherington
Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2014 04:53 AM      Profile for Carl Hetherington   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Hetherington   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the suggestions chaps. I've put them to the user to try, but they don't seem to have got around to trying them yet... hopefully they will one day!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: