Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Content transfer from Solaria One to CP4220 (with Christie IMB)?

Author Topic: Content transfer from Solaria One to CP4220 (with Christie IMB)?
Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2014 06:34 AM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ingested a feature on to our the solaria 1 projectors and went to ingest on our CP4220 and I get an error at about the 50% point every time. I've rebooted everything, swapped USB cables, nothing fixes it.

Any way to get content from one of the solaria ones to the CP4220?

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2014 07:42 PM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess now that we have moved past our immediate need, I'm looking at doing an LMS here. We only have 4 screens, but I think it would save a lot of time and hassle to ingest once and then send it out from there.

What sort of options exist? Do I have to buy the hardware/software from a single vendor, or can I build my own machine and then buy a software license? Any general ballpark on costs?

Thanks guys!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 03-26-2014 10:20 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CDM has a nice software package
http://www.cinedigitalmanager.com/

Andrew Thomas
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2014 10:21 AM      Profile for Andrew Thomas   Email Andrew Thomas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any ballpark on cost?

Kevin Tan
Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2014 06:43 AM      Profile for Kevin Tan   Email Kevin Tan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can try GDC-TMS, it is supported solaria one now.
http://gdc-tech.com/english/products_tms.php

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-18-2014 11:25 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arts Alliance seems to get pretty good reviews. You are only licensing software from them so you can build your own LMS machine (the same with GDC, by the way). http://www.artsalliancemedia.com/software/screenwriter . You'd have to talk to them about cost but it is a per-screen/per year arrangement.

There is Cinedigm but that does have a desire for a particular LMS system to fully function and you will also have annual fees for the software. However, it is pretty comprehensive, if you have a competent person setting it up.

There is always Film-Tech's DCS system...they now have a stand alone TMS/LMS server that can work with what is existing in the booth (but with only the functionality of what is in the booth...part of the full DCS system is their automation).

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-19-2014 11:27 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CDM has a free download so you can try it. It is more limited in function but it gives one the basic idea of what it can do.

Mark

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2014 01:03 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The newest version of G.D.C.'s T.M.S. software is compatible with Christie's I.M.B.s. -

GDC Technology
Theatre Management System
Version 3.4.2561

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: