Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » UPS on Doremi

Author Topic: UPS on Doremi
Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2014 12:15 PM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an APC UPS on my server, however I wondered if anyone knows where I can find the package for a DCP-2000 to make it work. I have searched their site and it mentioned ingest dcp2000_apcups-1.8.0.pkg however I can't locate it. Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-05-2014 01:05 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The current APC UPS package version is 1.9, dcp2000_apcups-1.9.pkg and is on the Doremi ftp site and the Doremi European distributor's ftp site. If you contact support@doremicinema.com and ask I think they will either send a link, the file, or the ftp login info. The European site support.doremitechno.org is pretty useful, you can email them at supportEU@doremitechno.org and ask for login credentials to their website or ftp server.

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2014 03:21 PM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Dave,
Thanks for the reply; however as I am not a UK dealer, unfortunately they will not set up a login, despite numerous attempts!

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 02-05-2014 03:23 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The login for Doremis site is universal, read your mailbox.

- Carsten

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2014 03:38 PM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all, I managed to get in this time (thanks Carsten); i guess the site was just down when I tried earlier. Got it.

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2014 12:10 PM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Installed today, and the UPS talks to the server now. Thanks

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 05-27-2018 06:50 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1570 days since the last post.

Gary Benn
Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2018 06:50 PM      Profile for Gary Benn   Email Gary Benn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Is there a newer version of the APCUPS package? dcp2000_apcups-1.9.1.pkg doesn't seems to work on Doremi 2.8.20.

This is for super micro motherboard.

Thanks.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 05-28-2018 06:21 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the last APC UPS package. Dolby has retired it, I think, as it's gone from the ftp site.
They do have "dcp2000_nutups_usb-1.0.1.pkg" which apparently extends support for other UPS brands. I do not have a list of which brands.
I've installed it... but then taken it out: it would pop up a new warning every minute (or less) if the UPS was disconnected (for repair or whatever). That turned the taskbar into a solid black bar after a while (like overnight) with hundreds or thousands of popups. I never had the system fail because of this but rebooting was certainly faster than closing all those popups.
The version on the ftp site is from 2015 so I doubt that has changed.
I have not installed s/w v2.8.20 on any systems yet, we usually wait a while on releases to see what new bugs have hatched.
You should call Doremi/Dolby and ask about this one.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 05-29-2018 04:00 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a way to force the old APC package to install in 2.8.20... I tried the "NUTUPS" package and it... well, it's nuts: avoid it as it doesn't work with any APC UPC I've tried and it pops up warnings about no connected UPS every minute or so. After removing it, apcups v1.9 would not install. I watched Jose from Dolby force the apcups v1.9 package installation here via teamviewer - I can't recall exactly what he did (lots of terminal commands) but it worked.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: