Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » FTP ingest between Sony and Doremi (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: FTP ingest between Sony and Doremi
Ian Freer
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2013 10:40 AM      Profile for Ian Freer   Email Ian Freer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to set up a Sony LMT-300 and Doremi ShowVault to be able to transfer content directly between them? I rarely come across Sony's but working a Film Festival where we have one as a back-up in case of problems with the main projection system.

It would be nice to be able to transfer the content quickly rather than having to ingest twice via USB.

Cheers,
Ian

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 10-22-2013 03:23 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both support ftp client and server mode, so, basically it should be possible.

- Carsten

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-22-2013 03:49 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
never tried with a Sony, but I have tried Doremi and Dolby. Not successful really.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-22-2013 04:14 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you can access the FTP on a SONY LMT 300. I don't think you can access an FTP folder from an LMT300 either. It uses FTP protocol, but it's for internal use.
You can access an FTP folder from an XTC-10 and you can also access its content by FTP.

Pete,
Dolby is removing the assetmap files when ingesting, so Doremi will recognize the content as corrupted. I know there was a plan to stop doing so, but haven't checked on latest software if that is still the case!

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 10-22-2013 04:23 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can ftp LMT300 and XCT-S10 - their internal transfer mechanism is FTP with predefined login parameters. Wether this is successful from a Doremi, I don't know.

But bidirectional access is not needed anayway. If the Sony can ftp into the Doremi, that would be sufficient.

I don't know a cinema with both server types. Even if, they would probably transfer content from a TMS, not directly between the servers.

If it is a Sony XCT-S10, CRU and USB 3.0 ingest is extremely fast. If it is a LMT300, it has only USB2.0, and network transfers are faster.

Hard to tell wether network transfers would be a benefit over parallel CRU Ingests.

- Carsten

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 10-22-2013 04:48 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great I did not know you could access the content on the LMT, only the SMS.

You've got a PM!

Sascha Roll
Film Handler

- posted 11-02-2013 04:28 PM      Profile for Sascha Roll   Email Sascha Roll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course it's not a problem to connect Dolby / Doremi / Sony Servers.

All you need is the FTP-Login for the Sony Server. (User: "s2suser", PW: "sahbicwd"). I guess you know the IP-Adress of your LMT.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 11-17-2017 12:49 AM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1475 days since the last post.

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2017 12:49 AM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"All you need is the FTP-Login for the Sony Server. (User: "s2suser", PW: "sahbicwd"). I guess you know the IP-Adress of your LMT. "

I can get into the LMT-300 but it does not allow any files to be downloaded? Says connection terminated by server. Is this a permissions issue on the Sony side?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-17-2017 06:19 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you use a PC/FTP client software, or a second DCI server to access the Sony?

- Carsten

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2017 11:05 AM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Carsten

PC - using Filezilla - wow - I just tried it on passive mode and it works. Maybe Filezilla needed to be restarted.
I kept getting the OOPS: 500: CHILD DIED error every time I attempted a down load.

Also settings in Filezilla needs to be set to Auto - for file transfer type.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-17-2017 02:04 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest 'Binary'.

-Carsten

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-17-2017 02:32 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried binary - does not like it. That is when the error comes up OOPS 500...auto works. At least it does with filezilla. Have not tried it with any other FTP client.

Any idea how you would be able to FTP from a DSS100 to the Sony?...DSS is at 192.168.241.3 and Sony is at 192.168.1.10?...would you need a switch or can this be bridged through a linux box?

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 11-17-2017 04:12 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sony has three network interfaces. You should set the Data network port to the same network as the Dolby. Wether they speak 'compatible' FTP dialects, I don't know.

- Carsten

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 11-17-2017 09:07 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dunno if that would work with a Sony, but I've certainly configured a Barco Alchemy to pull content from two DSS200s on the same subnet by configuring one of its two network cards on the Dolby media network ("theater network" as the Dolby documentation calls it) - 192.168.241.X / 24, and then setting up the two DSS200s as FTP network ingest sources.

According to the Barco documentation, it will look several folder layers down in any FTP server it logs on to, so in this case it looked in the generatedPackages folders on the DSS200, saw all the CPLs, and listed them as DCPs available for network ingest.

quote: Marco Guistini, four years ago
Dolby is removing the assetmap files when ingesting, so Doremi will recognize the content as corrupted. I know there was a plan to stop doing so, but haven't checked on latest software if that is still the case!
That was fixed in software version 4.9, released earlier this year. The "outgest" function from the Show Manager GUI will now export all the DCP files to your USB or CRU drive: it won't skip the PKL and assetmap. Regardless of what version of software is in use, you can also export a DCP via FTP from the generatedPackages folder: find the UUID using Show Manager, then download the entire contents of that folder name.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: