Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Green lines with NC2000

Author Topic: Green lines with NC2000
Giorgio Volpi
Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2013 06:44 PM      Profile for Giorgio Volpi   Email Giorgio Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. An NC2000 started projecting some horizontal red lines, changing them to green ones, and growing to complete the entire screen.
Do you have any suggestion about the problem?
Giorgio

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 10-08-2013 08:13 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First thing to do is check that the cables are securely connected to the formatter boards. These are the three boards that sit around the lens inside the projector. To get to the red one, is awkward to get to under the right side of the lens. There is also a large cable that may need to be reseated. It's been a while since I've been in the projector, but there is a piece that runs "downhill" from the lens toward the circuit boards. This either has a fan or a circuit board attached to it. The entire piece can be flipped up to allow access to the red formatter board.

Sometimes this can also be resolved by removing and re-seating the ICP and legacy boards. But you'll need to have the passwords to re-marry the boards to the projector.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-10-2013 11:14 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you open the secure area to fiddle with the cables you might need the marriage procedure anyway, this can only be done from a connected computer running the DCCS software. If you just get the annoying "security door" warning but can play movies, then you just have to go into service mode from the control panel and that goes away. Marriage is definitely required if you reseat the circuit boards.
I would try reseating the ICP and other boards first, then look at the formatter cables. I believe you can even swap formatter cables, switching red and green for example - so if you have green stripes and they become red stripes after the swap you have OK formatters and light engine, the problem is in the ICP or cables/backplane/???. And vice versa: problem stays green = trouble with light engine or the formatter boards.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: