Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » GDC SX2000AR Ingest from FTP

Author Topic: GDC SX2000AR Ingest from FTP
Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2013 11:39 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,
I have 7 server GDC SX2000AR screens. All good, and they play fine.
The filmdistributors have changed how they deliver trailers.

Thats OK, but it annoys me that I have to download the trailers, copy them to an USB drive and then Ingest them to the GDC SX2000AR.
It would be a lot easier if I could FTP to the GDC SX2000AR and put the trailers there, OR make an FTP server and make the GDC SX2000AR Ingest the trailers from my FTP server.

Is it possible, and how do I set it up on the GDC SX2000AR ?

Thanks so much.

|  IP: Logged

Aleksandar Obradovic
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2013 06:42 AM      Profile for Aleksandar Obradovic   Email Aleksandar Obradovic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not familiar with GDC servers but it should be possible. All DC server can ingest over ftp so just need to create some FTP server in network (eg. FileZilla server for windows based machines or you can use native FTP server on linux OS if you prefer).

Ask GDC for manual how to setup additional Ingest server or wait for someone else here to help you more with configuration of GDC.

BR Alex

Nguyen Jack
Film Handler

- posted 12-05-2013 08:39 PM      Profile for Nguyen Jack   Email Nguyen Jack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks you [Big Grin]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-06-2013 01:21 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The key is not JUST being able to ftp content to a server but to know what is also on all the servers. With that many screens you should contact GDC and license their TMS software... which is not the best thing going in TMS software but adaquate and almost free. Then you can move content from a central computer to each server and also have access to each server's storage so you know what went where. You can also remotely delete content schedule all your shows or remotely start them from the TMS as well, never have to visit the servers locally to do this stuff. BTW: It runs best on a quad core computer, under Windows 7 or Windows 2008... at least 8 gigs of ram. But you can get by with less. It also acts as NTP server to keep all your servers clocks synchronized.

GDC will send you a demo license if you ask them so you can try it free for 60 days...

There is also available excellent TMS software from France but it is pretty pricy when you get into doing this many screens.

Still waiting for Brad to come out with a universal TMS software based on his system. Some day perhaps...

Mark

Francois Bouzigues
Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2013 10:53 AM      Profile for Francois Bouzigues   Email Francois Bouzigues   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, in France, you have at least two TMS handling perfectly GDC.

Jack Nguyen, are all your server in the same network ?
Can you already exchange contents from room to room ?

If so, it should not be such an issue to ftp to the servers.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: