Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Ingesting CD content into a DCP-2k Showvault

Author Topic: Ingesting CD content into a DCP-2k Showvault
Owen Morgan
Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2013 07:42 PM      Profile for Owen Morgan   Email Owen Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Everyone,

Yet another question......

I have just received a delivery of DCP trailers which are all on CD's. I want to ingest them into our Showvault (the DCP-2000 variety) which does not have a cd drive.... We have a PC attached to the Cinema network, and we could move each CD to a memory stick and ingest from there, but that seems somewhat inefficient if there was a simpler way.

I was wondering, is there anyway of using the Doremi's ftp server to directly ftp the content onto the Doremi HDD's, so it become visible in cinelister?

This is also poignant when some of the content is on a Blu-ray disc (the PC has a BD-ROM).

Cheers for any input,

Owen.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 10-03-2013 08:17 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could just install an ftp server on that local computer then set up a new download/ingest source for your showvault to use that ftp server.

Owen Morgan
Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2013 08:40 PM      Profile for Owen Morgan   Email Owen Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

That's a good idea, I never thought it that way round!!

I shall investigate! I'm sure I might have some questions on achieving that goal!

Thank you,

Owen.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 10-03-2013 10:58 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=001278#000000

I believe the post by Olivier there explains it although that's for a different Doremi product but I imagine it's a similar procedure

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2013 05:37 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Is all you need to transfer content to it via FTP.

You should also find if you plug a USB optical drive in to the Doremi, it will work. At one time Motion Picture Solutions were giving them to sites who had servers with no optical drive.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 10-04-2013 05:40 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<ignore this post please!>

Owen Morgan
Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2013 07:35 AM      Profile for Owen Morgan   Email Owen Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your comments! Filezilla ftp server was my fist instinct, and easy to setup.

Thank you for the link to the other post, I can certainly follow those steps!

Thank you very much, sometimes its just the lateral thinking that a second brain can make you see! I was always trying to work out how to ftp data INTO to Doremi, not the other way round!

Thank you,

Owen.

HELP! I've tried doing this, but I just cant seem to get it to work...... I think the issue resides in the relevant ip's.... the doremi is 172.20.21.11 (all other equipment on the cinema network is 172.20.21.xx) whereas (Because of needing internet access) the PC is 172.20.20.51... I can VNC into the doremi from the media PC, so why cant the doremi ftp into the PC?

Cheers,

Owen.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2013 09:42 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FileZilla server can be quite tricky to get running under Windoze, you've the firewall and other security layers in the way, that's before you consider what any routers or managed switches on your network are doing.

But you don't really need to do it that way, I'd just run FileZilla client on the PC and push the content rather than pull it from the Doremi.

That's standard DcineX type IP structure you're quoting, they use a pretty wide open subnet, so the different 3rd octect doesn't make any odds. If you can FTP in from the PC you don't have an IP address issue.

Owen Morgan
Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2013 09:50 AM      Profile for Owen Morgan   Email Owen Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pete,

You are correct in saying that's the standard DCinex format, they were our integrators! We also have a LANsat device which adds an additional router into the mix....

Looking at the linked post, I saw the ingest user, using that I found out how to do what I required!

Not as simple as dropping into a shared folder and the doremi automatically picking it up, but close enough!!

Thank you very much,

Owen.

PS. I must admit I've learnt a hell of a lot from this whole DCinema upgrade!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: