Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Quvis server sound problem

Author Topic: Quvis server sound problem
Banamwana Prince Hoffmann
Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2013 02:49 PM      Profile for Banamwana Prince Hoffmann   Email Banamwana Prince Hoffmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody,
am working with a quvis cinema player v3.1.43 and these last days it was not playing well these sound there have been some sort of grainy noise on the top of the movie sound and the trailers sound .
i thought it was a normal problem and tried to restart the server for a couple of times but it didn't work out well.
when i thought that it was a problem the sound system i plugged a dvd player on the sound system played some videos it worked ok.
so now am confused does anyone know how he can sort me out.
Kind regards.

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 09-23-2013 04:09 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are Quvis still supported and do they play current DCPs?

Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2013 05:21 AM      Profile for Banamwana Prince Hoffmann   Email Banamwana Prince Hoffmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yop it was working okay for 5 months but now the sound is very grainy we thought like it was a problem of a movie that was probably badly loaded in the server but now all the movies and trailers we played have that grainy noise is there anything you can recommend and this server still use MS DOS
Kind regards

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2013 09:14 AM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have helped support closed captioning on this server, but have no other experience with it. My general troubleshooting technique is to swap out likely stuff and see if the problem follows a particular piece of equipment. Also look for what else may have changed when the problem occurred. You said audio from another source was ok, so it sounds like the amplifiers and speakers are ok. Can you swap out the sound processor or put it in bypass? If the problem stays, it's pointing back to the server or maybe wiring fro server. Good luck!

Harold

Paul H. Rayton
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-24-2013 01:17 PM      Profile for Paul H. Rayton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, QuVis is still in business, and still supports the equipment. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "grainy sound", but you should contact Jason Jeon at Quvis, at <yjeon@quvis.com> and he should be able to help you. From the description you provided, there may be a problem with one of the boards, which would require you obtaining a repair or replacement, but Jason should be able to be a bit more specific with you. If you work it out correctly, he can log in to your server via TeamViewer and look at, and analyze, what's going on.

Remember Jason is located in the US, on Central time zone, and is on duty during "normal" office hours, so if he needs to connect in to your server you may need to contact him at some "odd" hour in your time zone, but Jason has been very helpful to me in the past.

And, yes, QuVis "Cinema Players" -- if that's what you have -- will play all contemporary content, even 4K shows. They were surprisingly advanced in their engineering, even though they are not now a major player in today's cinema equipment markets.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 09-24-2013 04:04 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My apologies then, I must have confused Quvis with someone else.

Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2013 11:37 AM      Profile for Banamwana Prince Hoffmann   Email Banamwana Prince Hoffmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello once again,
Actually we try removing everything that was on the server which repaired the sound but for a short time and then came back now ,when we contacted a guy from quvis supplier he said that its a hardware problem to which needs to be repaired tho when we brought another server from another screen to use the same sound system it the confirmed that the problem was with the server not the sound system so now its about to get repaired

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: