Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Editing a new playlist in Doremi?

Author Topic: Editing a new playlist in Doremi?
Geoff Power
Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2013 03:37 PM      Profile for Geoff Power     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to ask such a simple question, but is it possible (and safe) to open up and edit a second playlist in Doremi when one is already playing via the DCP-2K4. I know it would be easy to test but I daren't risk it during a live showing (and my Ops Manager would throw a fit if he knew I tried!)

|  IP: Logged

Michael Putlack
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2013 06:54 PM      Profile for Michael Putlack   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Putlack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried but it will never save while the playlist is playing.

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2013 09:30 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will save but not be in effect until the next showing or playback.

Geoff Power
Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2013 03:01 AM      Profile for Geoff Power     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Victor, that if you edit the "live" playlist you can save it for a later showing - I've done that, for example, to change a volume setting. But what I'd like to do is open a completely different playlist and edit that one. I may get a chance to try it at the end of a show today ... I'll let you know.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 08-29-2013 04:23 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These systems are meant to be doing nearly everything even while the show is playing. Of course there are limits, but editing playlists or transfer content is just normal use while a show is playing.

You should start playing and learning with the server between shows or other idle times to get confidence in it's performance.

- Carsten

Steve R Pike
Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2013 08:55 AM      Profile for Steve R Pike   Email Steve R Pike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Geoff

Hope you're well [Smile]

While a playlist is playing I have used the 'editor' tab on Cinelister to edit, delete and create new/existing playlists without any issues.

However, just as a precautionary thing - after I have done whatever I need to do on the editor tab during play back, I always re-open the playlist that is currently showing ... just to be safe (not sure why but I just do!)

When we first went digital I was very skeptical about doing other things while a playlist was loaded - had visions of the film suddenly stopping - but seems to be OK [Smile]

Steve

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2013 09:24 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should have no ploblem editing a playlist while the doremi is running another playlist.

quote:
However, just as a precautionary thing - after I have done whatever I need to do on the editor tab during play back, I always re-open the playlist that is currently showing ... just to be safe (not sure why but I just do!)

If you run with a TMS at any point, you will find the the currently running playlist is not loaded in the editor. [Smile]

Geoff Power
Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2013 04:21 PM      Profile for Geoff Power     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And finally - yes, I tried it out whilst the 6 minutes of credits of Smurfs 2 was showing today. No problems editing and saving a different playlist. Success!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: