Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » NEC Series 2 "AC On Fan Warning"

Author Topic: NEC Series 2 "AC On Fan Warning"
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-26-2013 02:13 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This eventually occurs on Series 2 NEC projectors. It doesn't mean a fan is bad or going bad it is merely a life span warning. The fans according to NEC tech support are rated for a minimum of 20,000 running hours assuming the normal maintainance is done (air intake filters changed).

In the case of a particuluar fan failing you will get an error for that particuluar fan telling you to replace it. You might also hear it failing as these fans are all ball bearing.

So if you get this warning it is simply reset from within DCC. So during reset it is a good idea to take a look at the projector fan logs and see how they are doing.

Mark

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Macdonald
Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2013 08:26 AM      Profile for Kevin Macdonald     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark

I have the afore mentioned AC fan failure and you say above that you can reset it via the dcc software. Could you tell me where as i have looked but cannot see anywhere to reset.

TIA

James Crowley
Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2013 03:17 AM      Profile for James Crowley         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

It's in "lamp" - "setup" and in the usage clear section "AC fan"

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-21-2013 08:41 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The manufacturer of these fans rate them for about 50,000 hours so the 20K that NEC uses is very conservative. Checking fan speed is an indication if they are indeed wearing out.

Note, this fan (FAN 6) will run as long as there is power to the projector...even when in standby mode, so it is going to get a lot of hours on it. For reference, it is the lower fan if one was looking at the front of the projector after they removed the front filters and can see through the metal cover.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-21-2013 10:39 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can check fan speds against the High & Low chart in DCC by comparing the actual operating speed in the Fan Logs.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: