Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Digital Cinema Forum   » Problem colour with Barco DP2k -10S

Author Topic: Problem colour with Barco DP2k -10S
Gialoc Do
Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2013 09:46 PM      Profile for Gialoc Do   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to keep asking question. My projector having the problem so i need to support from everyone.
i have a problem with color is more red at projector DP2K-10s:
The first, i select the pattern white color ( you see the photo 1), the image is not good.
And then i change pattern (photo 2), the image not good also but 1 second later the image become good better (photo 3).(That is very strange ??????? )
After that i select the pattern white color again. (photo 4), the image is ok. (you can comparison (photo 1 and 4) to see differently ).
And finally i show the movie but the image is not good again.

i hope everyone give me the idea good better.
Thanks and best regards

(you can see photos at the link below)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oaaya0yo9cphwfa/problem_with_color_10s.rar

|  IP: Logged

Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2013 01:25 AM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The macro for flat and or scope may have the wrong PCF file, or the wrong MCGD file. Either one could effect the color. Selecting the test pattern should select the correct one, but it could be a glitch in the system, which is why it looks good after the second test pattern corrects it. Check that both Flat and Scope have the color issue, and also if one does and the other doesn't, try going back to the bad one after the good one. Does the problem go away?

Gialoc Do
Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2013 02:53 AM      Profile for Gialoc Do   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your comments. I select DCDM_XYZ_185 for Flat and DCDM_XYZ_239 for Scope, that is correct right? Maybe you thought the MCGD is wrong (measured color isn't correct) so I selected the basic file. The current is bad also, althought I remove the ICP and reinsert back icp board again.
And projector 10s having other problem with dowser. When I push OFF button of dowser, i can see the light on lens
Who does used the Barco 10S and met the problem same me?

Antti Nayha
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2013 04:10 AM      Profile for Antti Nayha   Email Antti Nayha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unlike its larger brethren, the 10S doesn't have a physical shutter - the dowser button/command only blanks the picture, which means you always get some light on the screen. Ie. dark grey instead of black.

Brian Zhang
Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2013 04:26 AM      Profile for Brian Zhang   Email Brian Zhang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First check the dark test pattan,if you have any other color in this test pattern, DMD chip or interface may malfunction.
If the normal,it may be back single plane or icp board failure.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 08-13-2013 11:58 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strange. I suspect the ICP or light engine has a problem. If you go into diagnostics/tests in the touchscreen you can also do test patterns: if these are OK, possibly the Barco controller system is acting up and telling the ICP to do weird things when you select a test pattern from the main menu?
You can even try the TI "ICP and Enigma control program" and put up test patterns from there, that talks directly to the ICP and skips and of the Barco software.
When you select a test pattern it uses a special "test pattern" MCGD - so your "measuredcolors" MCGD isn't the problem.
I can't guess how color could be OK for a few seconds then change back to the pinkness.
What do you mean by "the current is bad also"? There is some weirdness with CLO in the 10s (it seems to measure output light rather than input light - the LSC sensor reading changes with pattern or image brightness). Barco says the fix is to install the SCC file as described in InfoT 1086 - this seems to say only do it for a replacement light engine but the word is that it has to be done (get the light engine serial number then download and install the SCC file for that serial) for new 10s projectors.

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 08-13-2013 03:03 PM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave,

You can display test patterns from the ICP or the HDSDI boards under DIAGNOSTICS-TESTS-VIDEO PATH.

Those are indeed quite useful, they helped me once to diagnose a bad HDSDI board (patterns were ok from ICP, bad from HDSDI).

If I was told correctly, the patterns under TEST PATTERNS (at least the RGB ones) are generated by the formatters themselves.

Gialoc Do
Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2013 09:09 PM      Profile for Gialoc Do   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your valuable inputs and I also have constantly received a lot of input from Barco.I am therefore convinced that Barco 10Sx is also like any other models that are easy to install, easy to use and easy to troubleshoot.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: